“Amazing, loved it and will be back!”
Review of Villa Fiorentino

Villa Fiorentino
Austin, Texas
“Amazing, loved it and will be back!”
Reviewed 9 July 2011

We chose the Villa for our wedding. We rented out the whole villa and had our family and friends stay there with us. The apartments are all VERY spacious for European living, and beautifully decorated with nice tiles and stuff the area is known for. The pool was beautiful, and the whole villa was picture perfect! The family that owns and runs the villa was EXTREMELY nice and helpful. They went above and beyond to make sure our trip and the wedding went great!

The Fiorentino family was amazing! Paola the wedding planner and daughter made sure everything for the wedding went smoothly, she also prepared a nice breakfast for our group each day, and went above and beyond giving us nice wedding presents and driving us to meetings with vendors so we didn't have to walk. The food for the wedding was splendid as well, many thought it was the best meal they had the whole trip! One of the son's, Dom, also organized our whole visit by answering many emails of questions I had as well as general issues/questions that arose during our visit. The mother of the family made beautiful decorations for the ceremony and planned some wedding traditions for the reception, she also make some scarfs as a parting gift when we left. The father, Vito, was also extremely nice and friendly, he gave us a tour of his garden and studio, brought us fresh fruit from his garden and gave my mom some medicine to treat a bug bite she got while on the trip!

The entire family helped make this an amazing experience that we will remember for the rest of our lives. They made it warm, inviting, and intimate, which is exactly what we wanted with your small destination wedding.

Room Tip: Honeymoon sweet was spectacular!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank aoster
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Upon arrival we were greeted by Domenico and Paola (while a very strong man carried our luggage on his back to the "Honey Moon" suite). This is a very special place and we were treated like very special people throughout our stay. We stayed in the HM suite 2 nights (before moving to the Primavera suite for 5 nights) and it was nothing short of amazing! The spaciousness of the room & the huge terrace, the private plunge pool, the kitchen, the decor (including Domenico's own paintings), and the garden on the terrace make this a truly romantic and unforgettable experience. The view is nothing short of spectacular - it overlooks Positano and couldn't have been better. The suite is truly as beautiful as the photos on their web site, if not more so!

The first night Paola, who is also a gifted chef, prepared dinner and brought it up to our suite. She arranged candles around the plunge pool, a rose on the table (what a view!), popped the champagne and served us a superb meal. My husband and I thought this was the most romantic dinner we had ever had and couldn't have wanted for anything more - everything was perfect! There are many steps to reach the Honey Moon suite but that's what makes it so very private and romantic. Think of it as a good way to work off all of Paola's delicious cakes and the vino you'll sip while enjoying the majestic view.

If you're looking for a special place that is very romantic and spacious and beautiful, then I think you will love Villa Fiorentino's Honeymoon suite, as well as Paola & Domenico. We were thinking of staying at Le Sirenuse but so glad that we found this suite because it's truly hard to beat something this special with such a large suite in Positano.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Fairfax
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We had our wedding here in September of 2009. We came a year earlier to celebrate my birthday & also scope out venues for our wedding. The minute we walked into the villa & were greeted by Paola & Domenico, we knew we wanted to have our wedding here.

Villa Fiorentino is absolutely gorgeous, with a backdrop that you cannot get anywhere else. The villa itself has undergone some great improvements over the last few years, and is in amazing condition. The infiniti pool has a priceless view. The flowers & grapes that hang over the villa are beautiful. The rooms in the villa are furnished impeccably & every balcony has an amazing view.

Paola & Domenico are the most welcoming & professional people. Their hospitality is like none other. After only staying there a day, we knew we wanted our wedding here & promptly booked it for the following year. My parents rented the entire villa for our close family & friends which made the wedding that much more special. My wedding ceremony (a traditional Bengali/Hindu one....first ever in Positano!!) was on the large terrace & then transformed into the dinner & reception after. We had about 120 people at the wedding (a HUGE destination wedding) yet Paola & Domenico accommodated all of our changes seamlessly. The split level cocktails after the wedding was a wonderful solution by Domenico to account for the growing guest list. Paola's lemon cake for my wedding was one of the best I have ever tasted!

The family truly makes all of their events a family affair & you feel like a part of their extended family long after you have left. As a result, we plan to visit Villa Fiorentino in the future to continue the amazing memories that we will treasure for a lifetime.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank Anouska14
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 May 2011

We rented the entire villa for our wedding with our family in April 2011. We arrived during a horrible rain storm and, the minute we arrived, they had porters with umbrellas for us taking in all of our bags. Without saying anything to them, they gave the hanging bag carrying my dress its own umbrella and got that into our room nice and dry. One of our bags was so incredibly heavy that, to this day, I have no idea how that man put the bag on his back and walked up all of those stairs. We went immediately into one of the villas where some of our family had already arrived. Waiting to greet us were Papa Fiorentino, Domenico, and Paola with all kinds of food, beer, and other drinks. What a reception after the first part of our day was as bad as "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" without the humor of John Candy and Steve Martin. We were so tired and didn't feel like going out for dinner that night so Domenico ordered an amazing spread of food for us. The rooms were so beautiful and were exactly as I expected (except the Honeymoon Suite bathroom was smaller than expected but there is a second one outdoors that you can send the groom to :-) Sogno d' Amore was probably my favorite apartment. There were a lot of steps but we expected this and it wasn't that big of a deal. You just don't want to climb up and realize you forgot something...so plan ahead! I am big on cleanliness and this place certainly passed the test. We spent two weeks in Italy (Rome, Positano, Florence, Lucca, Tuscany, Cinque Terre, Venice) and the best meal of our entire trip was a place recommended by Domenico (Costantino). By the way, the pools (main pool and Honeymoon Suite pool) were heated, which was a pleasant surprise since it was a little cool while we were there. We arranged all transportation through Aristide, and the prices were the same as if you arranged on your own. I ended being thankful we did this because we left our brand new camera in the van in the chaos of arriving during the rain storm and got it back (they were a company local to Positano).

Side note - Delta/Alitalia lost my Dad and Stepmom's luggage and my Dad checked his meds (bad idea, but oh well). He has very high blood pressure and after not getting his bags back, we were all concerned. Turns out Papa Fiorentino used to be a cardiologist and he was able to give my Dad a checkup as well as medication he needed. My Dad got nowhere with Alitalia and once Domenico got on the phone with them, the bags arrived the next day (day after the wedding - just in time for my Dad to haul them back home only for Delta to lose the large bag for good this time!)

The wedding - They put so much work into the setup for the ceremony and reception and it was such a wonderful experience. The staff who worked the reception were so incredibly professional and VERY attentive. We never wanted for anything. The only disappointment was that the veal was very tough and my fish had a bunch of bones, but the wonderful server noticed I had encountered bones by the look on my face and immediately brought me a new piece. However, the appetizers, the first course, the cake made by Paola and additional desserts they brought us were all AMAZING.

When we left, Paola and Domenico greeted us and gave us some lovely gifts upon leaving. They also gave us gifts at our reception. I just can't say enough about how loving this family was. My Dad and Papa Fiorentino looked like best friends in spite of the language barrier. There is nowhere else I would want to stay and nothing else on our trip compared to this experience.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank jmsatl
Leeds
Reviewed 14 May 2011

We just came back from our honeymoon here and stayed in the Victoria apartment. We had our 6-month old with us so wanted something practical that still had the wow factor, and this did not disappoint. The kitchen was fully stocked and the washing machine, microwave and dishwasher were a Godsend and enabled us to cook for ourselves a few nights. The apartment itself was huge and had an amazing, large, private terrace where we spent most of our holiday just admiring the stunning views. The pool area is spectacular and even better than it looks on the website! The Fiorentino family could not have been more welcoming and helpful - the highlight was my birthday when Paola arranged for a chef to come over from Sorrento to cook me a 5-course meal on the terrace! They even arranged for a babysitter to keep an eye on our little girl while we ate. I had the perfect honeymoon and could not have asked for more. There are a lot of steps (around 400 down to the beach) but we managed it every day with our baby, a stroller and all her stuff - in fact, we were glad of the exercise to burn off all the amazing food! But if you really don't like exercise then you may be better off staying at a hotel nearer the beach.

Room Tip: Victoria apartment was perfect for a family
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple