“Hotel Marincanto Was A Good Choice” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Marincanto

Hotel Marincanto
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Positano
Toronto, Canada
“Hotel Marincanto Was A Good Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

We enjoyed many things about this hotel but in some areas it did not live up to my expectations. First of all, the lemon terrace was stunning and the main lobby area, breakfast area, pool and lounge area were all fabulous. In the extremely hot weather that we experienced it was so nice to have the pool to jump in for a cool off. When I was lying on my lounge chair overlooking the ocean and Positano, I had to pinch myself to see if I was dreaming. The views were out of this world. Breakfast was great and some of the staff were great as well.
The hotel did not meet my expectations in the following areas:
-beds were extremely uncomfortable
-shower was terrible and impossible to control water temperature
-the rooms were just basic
-if you did not have a view, the hotel would not be anything to get excited about.
-When we first arrived at the hotel, we were given a room off to the side that overlooked a walkway. I had booked the hotel 12 months previous and had contacted the hotel numerous times to confirm that I would be given a room with a great view. I was very disappointed with the view and when I asked for another room, they did try to tell me that the hotel was fully booked and that I could not be moved. When I explained that I was staying with them for 6 nights and I had booked 12 months in advance, Enza did move me to another room with a much better view. I was very happy with the new room and I was satisfied with the way she handled the situation.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jgillingham
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

A more spectacular setting, accommodation and location I could not imagine. The Hotel Marincanto occupies the best location in Positano, from the spectacular views of the Mediterranean, beach and Positano to the gracious, gracious and knowledgeable staff, the Hotel Marincanto is a very difficult place to leave. My only disappointment was that we had to leave!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

Hotel was clean and the room was spacious. The staff was friendly (Enza, Antonella, Franco at the front desk were always there to help, Raffaela was the lovely lady who served dinner, Gianni was the friendliest man in Italy). The view is postcard perfect. There are 296 stairs to the beach but it wasn't that bad and besides you need to work off the gelato! Hotel was close to the city center, you can walk to the main road and to the bus stop. I would recommend this to friends and family and would stay there again!
Advice- skip the massage. It was terrible.

Room Tip: 202.. awesome room
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at Marincanto for our honeymoon. We absolutley loved the hotel from when we first arrived. The service is impeccable and they cater to your every need. We had an amazing room overlooking the beach and all of Positano. Tip: The villa rooms all have amazing views and are not attached to the main building of the hotel. The hotel is right on the beach and has a pool overlooking all of Positano. You will not regret booking this hotel.
We have no complaints about this hotel, and we definitley plan on returning one day.

New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

We spent five nights in a standard room with a terrace that had an amazingly beautiful full view of the sea, the coast and the town of Positano. The room was spacious, the bed comfortable, the bathroom very clean, but the main attraction was the view from the terrace. The hotel is located a little bit out of the busy part of town/harbor but we thought that was a plus. It was quiet and felt like a retreat. Breakfast is served on a lovely terrace filled with lemon trees, overlooking the sea. We also sat on the terrace each evening to have some pre-dinner wine. The pool is beautiful and Gianni at the pool anticipates your every need. We also took the steps down to the beach and the water there was wonderful. Everyone on the staff at the Marincanto is so helpful and pleasant. No matter what you ask, they help you with a smile. They make dinner reservations (La Tagliata and Il Ritrovo are musts), help you with ferry schedules and take care of all your needs. While in Positano, we visited Amalfi and Ravello and took a motorboat excursion around Capri (see Capri Whales di Wendy). Our five days at the Marincanto were wonderful!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony with an unobstructed sea view.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends