“Lovely Marincanto in beautiful Positano”
Review of Hotel Marincanto

Hotel Marincanto
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Positano
Fulham
“Lovely Marincanto in beautiful Positano”
Reviewed 12 June 2012 via mobile

My Husband and I loved this hotel with the amazing views, very friendly and helpful staff and great pool and restaurant.
We can't wait to go back. Highly recommended.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cazkin
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I stayed here with my husband and daughter in October 2011. The location is amazing I think the best in Positano..one of the only hotels with there own pool and sun lounge area looking over the ocean. The staff were helpful and the rooms were large and clean. The room was decorated in classic Italian style and furniture they could do with an update but still extremely pleasant and the view from our verandah was breathtaking. Breakfast had plenty of choice and great coffee and best eaten on the verandah with the lemon trees, extremely pretty! We organised through the hotel a transfer from the railway to the hotel and return this cost around $ 100.00 each way and good value for money and Mosimo the driver was extremely friendly and informative. I would highly recommend staying at the Hotel Marincanto.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 June 2012

My husband recently stayed here for 4 nights. It was a great hotel, excellent service, beautiful location, and great food. I don't normally recommend the food at hotels I stay at, but this hotel had great food. It had a large variety for breakfast buffet. We ordered room service one day for lunch and it was excellent, I highly recommend the octopus and potato salad. We also had dinner in their restaurant one night and it was also very good. When sitting out in the sun or by the pool we had the best service from Giovani, making us drinks, bringing us towels and overall making us free welcome and pampered. The hotel room was excellent, large with a balconey, very clean, and great view. The only complaint here was that we were next to the elevator, so we heard that going at night, but that is my only complaint about our entire stay. This is a great place to come and relax and enjoy the Amalfi Coast.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hilary_Bryant
Manchester
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We have just returned from a wonderful trip to the Amalfi Coast where we stayed at the Marincanto for 5 nights from the 1st of June.

The hotel is beautiful with an unrivalled location offering amazing views over Positano. We looked at various hotels before deciding on the Marincanto including Le Sireneuse, Palazzo Murat, Covo de Sereceni and Buca de Bacco. What really persuaded us about the Marincanto was it's inifinty pool! It really was the best thing ever to get back from a long day sightseeing and slide into that pool whilst watching all the people down below on the beach and in the town. If you had stayed at the Palazzo Murat, Buca di Bacco of the Covo you would not have had such wonderful views as they are down in the centre of the town. We could also see the pool of the Covo from our hotel and whilst it looked very nice that side of Positano loses the afternoon sun as it drops behind the hill, not very useful when you wanted a late afternoon swim and sunbathe like we did.

The staff in the hotel were very attentive and helpful in particular Gianni the amazing pool attendent for whom nothing was too much trouble, his attention to detail in lining up the sunbeds again at the end of the day was incredible! Enza and Antonella on the front desk were also very helpful, Enza was always smiling and gave very good information for our hike along the walk of the gods. Antonella got us a great table for dinner 1 night at Buca di Bacco even though when we arrived they thought we were personal friends of the head waiter and went to get him until we explained we didn't actually know him personally. It wasn't until the next day Antonella confessed he was her cousin! The maids were very good too, the room was always spotless and the towels changed twice a day.

We had booked a junior suite (Room 203) so we had a good sized room with a little seating area and a balcony which overlooked the breakfast terrace and the sea. We couldn't quite see the town from our balcony as it was blocked from you by another part of the hotel, the sea view was beautiful enough for me though! The only negative I have about the room is the shower, it wasn't particulary hot and didn't have a large spray although somehow it managed to soak the bathroom as the screen wasn't that efficient. I wouldn't let the shower put me off staying here again though!

We only had breakfast in the hotel which was plentiful, wide choice of cereals, pastries, cheese ham etc. There isn't a hot option but both me and my boyfriend who usually enjoys a hot breakfast when on holiday were more than satisfied. We did have pizza round the pool one day for a late lunch which was lovely albeit larger than I was expecting! We didn't have dinner in the hotel as I'm a vegetarian and there wasn't many options for me but it would have been a lovely place to dine on the terrace.

We ate out every night, first night at the Palazzo Murat which was in a lovely courtyard in the centre of town, very nice food, albeit a little pricey and the jasmine didn't do my boyfriend's hayfever any favours! 2nd night we ate at Le Terrazze restaurant which was amazing, very romantic and the food was lovely. We enjoyed it so much we agreed to book again for our last night, ask for table 5 if you go! You can walk down the hotel steps to the beach to get to Le Terrazze then work off all the calories on your way back up after! Or you can walk the long way round if you want a gentler stroll after dinner! We went to the club underneath Le Terrazze called Music on the Rocks, it was a really cool location in the cave and it looked great, we got in there after dinner at about 10.30pm though and it was very quiet even though it was a saturday night. The barman said it didn't get busy until after 12.30, we had a couple of drinks but at 10 euros each we didn't stay too long!

We also went to Chez Black on the beach for lunch which was really nice, they even made my pizza into a heart shape! La Zagara is good for after dinner drinks and maybe dessert, they have live music on every night...great atmosphere!

All in all we would go back to Positano and the Marincanto in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Leanne J
Atlanta
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We just returned from our trip to Positano and 2 weeks, yes 2 weeks, at the Hotel Marincanto. This is probably our 8th stay in Positano and always at the Hotel Marincanto.
I could write a book about how wonderful the hotel is.
The staff is AMAZING! Some of the staff have been with the hotel 20 years.
The staff remembers us on each visit and greets us like family.
The owners are fantastic!
The location is perfect and the views are spectacular from the hotel and rooms.
They now also have a restaurant in the hotel.
We ate dinner there 3 times and the food was very, very good.
The staff is more than happy to answer all questions and assist you with any requests and assistance for ideas about what, when and where to go.
The pool is very, very nice.
There is private access to the beach below.
The morning breakfast is unbelievable. I can’t think of anything they don’t have on the buffet.
I prefer the location of this hotel because it is on the other side of Positano heading towards Amalfi.
That gives you even better views of Positano.
Also, for those looking for places to eat out, Bruno’s is just down the hill a few hundred feet with great local food and the best views of Positano.
The owners and the staff are wonderful people. It can be difficult to get a table outside overlooking Positano because everyone wants to go there.
Also, if anyone wants to taking a cooking class, you must try Restaurant - IL RITROVO Contatti.
My partner and I did a lot of research to determine this was the place for a cooking class.
There were just the 2 of us and what an adventure and all hands on.
Enjoy!