All reviewsthe busa great family run hotelyogurtsea viewbreakfast roomnice breakfasthotel barnarrow streetsgreat showercold cutshalf waybeach areaamalfi coastamazing viewswalk upmain beachhill
Reviewed 16 April 2017

I am a budget traveler. My theory is that if I keep my costs down, I can go on more adventures. That being said, the hotels I stay in are usually nice, basic clean places in good locations. What a surprise Hotel Il Gabbiano was! Our room had a balcony overlooking the sea! It was wonderful and just added so much to the ambiance of the room. The breakfast room also overlooked the sea and the food in the included breakfast was basic but tasty. They would even make a cappuccino for you! The staff at the hotel was really nice and accommodating and I would recommend the hotel to anyone staying in Positano. It was also an easy walk down to the beach and nice to take the bus back up at the end of the day.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2017

The staff were really nice and helped us a lot. Positano is a small place but picturesque. Our room was spacious with a balcony overlooking the harbour with fantastic views. The balcony was big with a table and chairs - so nice to relax in the evening. There is a local service bus which does a circuit of Positano but is is easy to walk down to the centre - a bit harder to walk back up. We didn't drive and took public transport everywhere. It was busy so the high season must be grim. But great hotel simple but nice breakfast with great views from the breakfast room. Glad we booked it.

Room Tip: follow the guidelines when you book but worth paying for the sea views
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

We absolutely LOVED this hotel! I am very big on cleanliness and this hotel was well groomed. We requested a higher floor so that we could have a spectacular view and we got JUST that. Waking up in the morning and sitting our balcony was breathtaking of the tranquility of the calming waters filled with boats. We ventured to the dining area and enjoyed some pastries and coffee they had placed out. We couldn't have asked for a better stay. We had traveled to Paris, Rome and Venice on this trip and this stole my heart with its charm. Very pleasant staff and I would highly recommend a stay here.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

We had 3 nights here. When we arrived the fridge in our room was not working but was replaced promptly, would think that these things are checked for working order prior to guests arriving. The internet was terrible hardly working at all. The breakfast was not the best & the water for tea was never hot.
The room overlooked the water with spectacular views however our balcony looked straight down on the people below & we could hear every word. There was not much privacy between balconies & you could here the toilet flushing & someone having a shower in the unit beside. You could hear every footstep in above units as well as the hallway. Not very quiet.
If stairs are an issue for you you may not want to stay here. For us it was fine as we knew that we would have a lot of stairs to get down into town.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Debra S
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Hotel was a very good value. The view is amazing. Room #2 was very quaint with a great balcony and view. It was very clean and neat. Only cons were very weak Internet in room and pillows were thin and hard. Overall a great room and hotel. Staff was helpful and friendly the morning breakfast was all you need to start your day.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple