This place is simply breathtaking. This was the last stop on my wife and I's honeymoon, and boy did we get it right. This place treats you like royalty. We were checked into a room with a stunning view of the ocean from our private balcony, which we frankly expected (but you really can't appreciate it until you are looking straight down a cliff into the ocean from your balcony). What we did not expect -- another amazing view of the ocean from the huge windows looking out from our jacuzzi! Pretty sure not all rooms have this - it was likely a free upgrade since they knew we were on our honeymoon - but it was certainly a pleasant surprise. Another pleasant surprise was a free bottle of champagne, freshly picked oranges and cookies waiting for us in our room. What a great start!
The restaurant was fantastic. We had breakfast included in our room, and their breakfast was fantastic, loaded with fresh ingredients (even the orange juice was clearly freshly squeezed). The lunch was excellent as well. We had our last dinner at the hotel and it was the nicest one we had in Italy. I had the John Dory and my wife had the lobster, and we both loved it. An amazing chocolate hazelnut cake to finish. They had a nice band playing during dinner as well.
In sum -- if you want superior service and amenities, this is the place. I can't imagine there is another place in Positano that can rival this in either beauty or service. Of course, you do have to pay for that and this is not a place for the budget-conscious. But for a special occasion, this place can't be beat . . . we can't wait to return!
Final note: the spa was actually reasonably priced. We paid 75 (Swedish) and 95 (oil) euro for our hour-long massages and they were fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Il San Pietro is widely considered to be one of the best hotels in Italy. It is built into the rock with panoramic terraces magnificently overlooking Positano and the Coast. Each uniquely decorated guest room comes with a private terrace decorated in the sophisticated local style with hand-painted ceramic tiles and furniture upholstered in sumptuous fabrics. Its one star Michelin-rated restaurant, the Zass, serves a variety of superb local and international cuisine and, weather permitting, guests can enjoy the unparalleled terraces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Il San Pietro di Positano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il San Pietro Di Positano Hotel Positano
- Positano Il San Pietro Di
- Hotel San Pietro Positano