The winding roads, the orange terry cloth cushions on the twin engine mahogany speedboats, incredible people in gorgeous discos, grottos and beaches all spotted with bougainvillea and potted spilling geraniums in bright urns and clay pots make this spot on Earth extra special. But this hotel is carved into the side of a mountain and as you enter off of the aforementioned winding road to get to its lobby and terraced restaurant in the belly of the mountain (and to its private beach of rock slabs) one must drop down an elevator! And now I can hear the lava-pebbled beaches' baby rocks roll and grate against each other in the tide. I'm cliff diving into the aqua blue working up an appetite for... and the food... Go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Il San Pietro is widely considered to be one of the best hotels in Italy. It is built into the rock with panoramic terraces magnificently overlooking Positano and the Coast. Each uniquely decorated guest room comes with a private terrace decorated in the sophisticated local style with hand-painted ceramic tiles and furniture upholstered in sumptuous fabrics. Its one star Michelin-rated restaurant, the Zass, serves a variety of superb local and international cuisine and, weather permitting, guests can enjoy the unparalleled terraces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Il San Pietro di Positano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il San Pietro Di Positano Hotel Positano
- Positano Il San Pietro Di
- Hotel San Pietro Positano