we had a difficult time deciding between this hotel and le sirenuse. after visiting, we think we made the right decision. le sirenuse is in the center of town, which is nice - and the restaurant is very good (the pool area is super small). however, we loved the quiet of being just outside of the city propper and all of the tourist congestion. the main pros are the views, the quiet and the amazing water front area for swimming and sunning (that le sirenuse lacks).. you take an elevator through the cliff all the way to the edge of the sea and there is a ledge with loungers and a bar. it is fantastic. we spent every day there. reading, relaxing and jumping into the sea. it was phenomenal. we had a standard room and it was excellent. the only con was that we were at the beginning of the hall and with the tile floors you could hear people walking by. the rooms were not super luxurious, but the views made up for it. the bathroom tub was a little odd( circular), but we didnt mind with the rest of the experience was so phenomenal. we took a private boat out for a full day back to capri to swim and then up to amalfi. it was a wonderful way to see the coast and so much fun. the hotel arranged it and prepared lunch, snacks and drinks. it was a special stay and we would definitely return to this hotel over all the others in positano. highly recommend it. a unique and special spot on earth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Il San Pietro is widely considered to be one of the best hotels in Italy. It is built into the rock with panoramic terraces magnificently overlooking Positano and the Coast. Each uniquely decorated guest room comes with a private terrace decorated in the sophisticated local style with hand-painted ceramic tiles and furniture upholstered in sumptuous fabrics. Its one star Michelin-rated restaurant, the Zass, serves a variety of superb local and international cuisine and, weather permitting, guests can enjoy the unparalleled terraces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Il San Pietro di Positano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il San Pietro Di Positano Hotel Positano
- Positano Il San Pietro Di
- Hotel San Pietro Positano