All reviews fornillo beach each morning the main road breakfast is served week stay at this hotel unobstructed view of the ocean rooms are air conditioned yogurt minute walk satellite tv the bus absolutely stunning views private balcony overlooking heavy luggage parking garage small hotel unforgettable stay
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

What a wonderful place to stay,absolutely stunning views. (We stayed in the scirocco room) I love that they serve breakfast on your own private terrace.The room was very clean had everything you need tea abs coffee ,fridge,hairdryer and most importantly wine glasses The staff cheerful and very helpful. I also liked that it was decorated like a true Italian home.Love the pastel colourings. I would defiantly stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2018

Let me start by saying I'm not a terribly picky traveler, so I'm pretty laid back and easy to please. This is a lovely B&B close to most everything in Positano. It's located down a narrow alley near the Hotel Posa Posa turnout and next door to the Pensione Maria Luisa.

Everyone at La Rosa Dei Venti is so nice and so accommodating, underscoring the charm found in Positano. We stayed in the Scirrocco room which had the most amazing view from its balcony. The floor is all tile only had a stand-up shower. (No tub.) I brought my own shampoo and conditioner, so I honestly can't remember if La Rosa Dei Venti provided any, but there are shops around town that sell these items, if needed.

Most everyone at the B&B speaks decent English, and the breakfasts provided in-room are tasty and generous. Pastries, breads, yogurt, and cereal are some of the options offered for free. For about 4 Euro more, you can have bacon and eggs. They have satellite tv, with a handful of American shows, dubbed into Italian, and about 597860 Italian Shopping Channels, but we weren't here to watch TV. It also contains a mini-refrigerator! (Bonus because bottled Cokes are 2-3E most places.)

From the hotel, it's about a 10-15 minute walk down to the main beach and the boardwalk...or you can continue down the little alley way, past the entrance of La Rosa Dei Venti, to Fornillo Beach, but either prepare to walk MANY, MANY, steps to get back up to the hotel, or plan on walking around the cliffs, back to the main plaza and enjoy a stroll back up the windy road to your hotel. There was plenty of hot water, the shower had enough water pressure, and the room always had enough blankets and pillows. For us, the weather was pleasant enough we could leave the balcony door open and allow the breeze to cool us off as we slept.

If I'm ever blessed to be in Positano again, I'm staying here. Thank you, for a very enjoyable, five-day stay. Had a great time. I hope we were polite guests, too.

Room tip: If you can, request the Scirocco room. It has lovely tile and the view from this particular balcony is the best one, I thought.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Terrific bed and breakfast. Beautiful facility. Rooms have spectacular views of the bay at Positano. Very clean rooms. Great service. Very friendly management and they speak English !! Highly recommend. Very fair prices as well.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2018

My daughter and I were traveling through Europe this past summer and we ended up staying here during our time in Positano. While we did make the mistake of dragging our bags along the beach area from the ferry... and then realizing it was 400 steps UP... once we got up there (and had our bags delivered by the local luggage service that we should have used to start) it was heaven. As with many busy sea ports it can be madness during the day but when the evening arrives, ferries stop showing up, and the moon rises... well its perfection. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. It was easy enough getting around (once we figured out that we should just stick to the main road and walk, comfortably, up!). And we would, most definitely, go back again.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2018

Here is the trick to enjoying this hotel, it's not the easiest to find. The hotel did their part in emailing me directions. Until you've been to Positano and understand how the city works, it can be a bit confusing. The simplest way to arrive, if you take the bus, is to use the street where Tabacchi Articoli is and head immediately down. Down. Further down. You'll eventually get to a hotel (which you should put in your phone for directions) called Posa Posa and that brings you to the smaller street where the hotel is found. This is a WAYS down. If you have heavy luggage, you are much better off taking the 40 minutes to wind your way down than you are to drag it down one of the many stair cases.

Once there, the hotel offers AMAZING views, brilliant customer service, and the tranquility that you cannot pay to re-create. It's close to a wonderful family owned italian restaurant (Sarceno D'Oro) and if you continue the winding path down there are enough stores to keep you interested. We did the staircase a few times down to the beach and found it much more strenuous than the winding path.

Finally, just know this isn't the central of Positano. You are paying for a magnificent view. Enjoy it. We loved our stay and when it ended, paid a driver to take us back to Sorrento. Good luck getting that luggage back to the bus station.

Date of stay: March 2018