All reviews fornillo beach each morning the main road breakfast is served week stay at this hotel unobstructed view of the ocean rooms are air conditioned yogurt minute walk satellite tv the bus absolutely stunning views private balcony overlooking heavy luggage parking garage small hotel unforgettable stay
Reviewed 27 May 2011

The private terrace with views of the sea and surrounding hillsides of Positano was incredible. My favorite time was at twilight with the lights of the town twinkling and the full moon painting a path to us on the water. The rooms were large with beautiful tile and nice bathrooms. There was a small refrigerator for your use. Breakfast was served on your terrace. (We ordered some extra eggs and meat for a small additional cost) This B&B is not located in the main town but a very short bus ride gets you there in about 2 minutes or you could walk. We did walk down the hundreds(?) of steps to the beach but we could not have walked back up that way. There was a path at beach level that led over to the town and from there you could catch the city bus back to the hotel. Memories from here are my favorite from our trip.

Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2010

Stayed in the Libeccio room. I wanted to cry when I opened the shutters and the view of the sea just poured into my room. Quiet part of town, steps (many) lead down to quiet beach (with a number of restaurant/beach bars) where you can walk over easily to busier beach/shopping area. (Eat at the restaurant at Hotel Victor next door and get a free elevator ride down to the beach restaurant about 5 stories down.) Really lovely. Felt very safe. Slept with shutters open listening to the sea. Felt very private. Lovely breakfast if you add fruit (enough for two days). Computer/Internet available and working with printer option. Lovely family. It was really great. Beds were about as comfortable as any bed and breakfast I stayed at in Italy which means not new but not sagging. About 20 steps away from shuttle bus that runs every half hour and brings you to busier side of town. Start your trip with Christine's walking tour and get the scoop on Positano. (http://www.discoverpositano.it) It's short and inexpensive and she's delightful. Very important: When the bus drops you off in Positano from Sorrento, take the shuttle bus from that corner down to Hotel Posa Posa and then walk down about 30 seconds to the first staircase and walk down about 20 steps vearing left in the fork in the staircase. I loved it the place!

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2010

This has to be one of the most beautiful hotel rooms we've ever stayed in! We stayed in "Scirrocco" with a balcony which had an unobstructed view of the Mediterranean. So relaxing to sit outside while we read or ate our meals.

Our room had a small, but equipped kitchen. There was both a double bed as well as a pull out couch at the entranceway (great if you're travelling with kids). The bathroom was large & the shower was great. The pictures on the hotel website are representative of the room.

We could've found a cheaper hotel with a kitchen, but we wanted WiFi in our room (worth the extra Euros!). Positano is VERY expensive, so it was great to be able to prepare our own meals. BTW, there's a small grocery store with fruits, veggies, cheeses, canned goods about 10 minutes down the hill.

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2010

I researched a lot of different places in Positano. I found most of the moderate hotels to be very expensive for the quality. For €200+ I expect a more luxurious stay. At the other end, I found places like Villa Rosa to be too basic. I think La Rosa Dei Venti is a great mid-priced option. We stayed in the Libeccio and Grecale rooms. Both have great balconies and while Libeccio was a bit bigger, we preferred the style/decor of Grecale.

Breakfast on the balcony was lovely. The continental breakfast was a bit paltry in my opinion, since I'm not a big croissant eater and the only other options were just 2 small rolls and some crackers. You can also order cornflakes and yogurt for free, but I also chose to supplement it with the €4 fruit. Totally worth it as you get several pieces of whole fruit. Also, the cappuccino was great! Mario and Luisa were so friendly and helpful. Mario was especially accommodating with all my questions. His parents also help out and though they don't speak English they were as helpful as they could be.

The location was nice as you got spectacular views. As other reviewers have mentioned there are lots of great restaurants nearby. Our favorite was Villa Gabrisa. The BnB is a 5-10 minute walk down to Fornillo Beach (via steep stairs). About 10 min walk via road and stairs to the main beach/marina. You can also choose to walk along the road which is much gentler on your knees (15-20 min) or take the Internal Positano bus for €1.40 each way.

All in all we had a wonderful time in Positano. Eat at Villa Gabrisa, get a cheap and strong drink at Pupetto, dress up and get an expensive drink at Le Sireneuse, take a boat tour of Capri and ride the chairlift and go see Pompeii. We arrived by car service and highly recommend it as it would've been onerous dragging our bags on public transport. The trains are not very nice and the buses can get overcrowded and are often late.

Date of stay: September 2010
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank chineseprincess
Reviewed 5 September 2010

We looked at so many hotels and bnbs having never been to this region. We are very happy to have settled on this B/B. Our room (Grecale) had spectacular views (ask while booking if your room will have a view) and though certainly not what you would find in a hotel, was very nice. The bed was comfortable, the room was kept incredibly spotlessly clean every day, and the breakfast brought in was nice to get the day going (the free cappuccino/coffee bread, orange juice, yogurt were plenty...other options existed).

The family that runs the place does an excellent job. They seem to care about their guests and they even helped us with our bags on the way in and the way out.

The location of the hotel is a bit off the beaten path at the very top of the mountain. If you are arriving in the port I recommend looking to find a porter or walking up and getting a taxi. If you can get a bus do so as it's less expensive. I agree with some reviews that say that it's a bit hard to get to if you've gone down into town center but if you are in decent shape and don't mind a walk up you'll be fine. And you could probably use the walk after eating all the good food anyway. That said, if you are mobility impaired I can't imagine how you'd get here much less anywhere in Positano.

Really just a beautiful, clean, tranquil setting.

Date of stay: August 2010