“Great Honeymoon experience in room 215” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Miramare

Hotel Miramare
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Positano
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Honeymoon experience in room 215”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

Positano was a great cap to our honeymoon and Hotel Miramare was a great place to spend it. Awesome views and great service. The staff made excellent restaurant recommendations and did a great job of coordinating a car service to drive us back to the train station in Naples. Rosita gave us hugs on the way out!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Korean first
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

My wife and I stayed in a Deluxe room from 4/6/2012 - 4/11/2012. We could not be happier with the room and staff. The room was very clean and spacious and the bed was comfortable. The views were awesome (we only wished that we could've enjoyed our nice balcony more than we did because it rained every day except 1). The best part of the hotel, though, is the staff. Rosita is so friendly and helpful (as is everyone else on staff). Her suggestions for dinner and things to do were perfect. We also shipped some of our things back to the US and the hotel staff took care of everything. No hassles whatsoever. Despite the rain, we had a great time and much of that is due to wonderful staff at the Hotel Miramare.

2 Thank Jeff2010
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

This boutique hotel is spotless and the views are insane - both from the huge terrace and the shower in room 210! The shower has a full glass wall with 100% view of the sea. It's totally private, unless someone was in a boat with a telescope. Rosita the hostess hugs you, makes you laugh and dials you in for dinner, shopping sightseeing, whatever. Try Caffe Positano just up the steps from the Miramare. It's awesome. At the hotel, Franchesco makes great eggs and cappacino and delivers them to your room or table with a huge smile - and then at 6pm he'll bring you a rum and coke - same smile. Great place to stay in Positano - we found it online and it was a pleasant surprise - it met or exceeded our expectations. Very quiet. We slept til 11am one day due to a late night of hitting it hard.

Room Tip: 210 is a special room but worth the extra cost for the sitting room, large terrace, and unique showe...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Gregg L
Orchard Park, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

We just returned from a lovely vacation in Italy. One of the best stops was our stay at the Hotel Miramare. My family of four stayed in a suite which kept us together, yet allowed privacy as well. The view was fabulous from our balcony and the room had everything we needed. The staff was so helpful, friendly and very easy to communicate with. Rosita gave us her personal recommendations for dinner, and they were unbelievably good. She also rented us a driver for a day along the Amalfi coast and gave us ideas of what to see based on what we were looking for. If you want an authentic hotel on the coast, you can't go wrong with the Miramare, as long as stairs are not a problem for you. Lots of stairs up to the road and even more down to the beach, but after a fabulous meal, you will be grateful for the exercise. Oh, and the kicker, my daughter lost the camera with 7 days of our family trip and she didn't figure it out until we were in Rome. I called and sure enough, the staff found the camera and Rosita sent it back to me in the states. Do yourself a favor and experience the Miramare!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank martha c
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Miramare on the evenings of April 6th and 7th, and I must say that it was one of the finest (smaller) establishments I have ever visited. Positano is absolutely breathtaking, and the views from the hotel are spectacular. After my driver dropped me off at the top of the stairs, I walked down to the hotel to find Rosita standing outside the front of the hotel. She immediately greeted me as if I was family, told me they were expecting me, and was extremely welcoming. After checking me in, she was excited to show me the room, telling me that I would just love the view I was about to see....and she was right! I was traveling solo on this trip, so there was no need for a huge room, and this one fit me just right. It was clean, airy, and the views....well, I still miss them! Each night I would fall asleep to the sounds of the ocean below. When I would periodically wake up, I would simply lie there, listen to the sea, smell the fresh air pouring from the coast, and watch the headlights of the cars as they would round the curves of the small highway en route toward the north.
I would highly recommend this hotel, and in my opinion, there would never be a need (for me personally) to try any other hotel in Positano should I ever return.
And I will. And I'll stay at the Hotel Miramare/
I just loved Positano, and the Hotel Miramare was a wonderful place to experience the sights, sounds, and fragrances of this very special city. My compliments and thanks to Rosita and the staff of the Hotel Miramare.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo