1,020 results
All reviews our honeymoon junior suite rooftop pool classic room overlooking the beach star hotel porter service your luggage hotel restaurant pool staff amalfi coast perfect location breakfast room main restaurant beautiful hotel great pool gelato
Reviewed 21 September 2018

The Perfect Place to Stay in Positano

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying here for 3 nights during our 3-week Italian honeymoon. Carmela at the front desk handled our check in and was very fast & efficient.

We had a Junior Suite (Room 43) with a low-temp jacuzzi/plunge pool on the terrace (not sure why, but the max temp is 86F degrees). The room looked newly remodeled and was very spacious. It had a beautiful view of the sea and was on the same floor as the pool ---very convenient! The oversized bed was very comfortable. My husband loved the two large TVs in the room (one was located in the sitting room and electrically raised up from a cabinet). He also enjoyed sitting on the couch in the living room area (he said it was very comfortable too!). The bathroom was plenty big with a beautiful walk-in shower. Overall, we enjoyed the room's casual, elegant beach vibe.

Covo's Pool Restaurant & Bar - The servers at the Pool Restaurant & Bar were wonderful and friendly. Augustus greeted us most mornings to set up our towels & lounge chairs. ( I also love the rule that people can't save loungers for hours when they aren't there. Use it or lose it, baby! We're not in Vegas.). Davide & Marco usually took our drink & lunch orders. They make a wonderful Pina Colada as well as their signature drink "Summer of 13". We enjoyed the pizza along with insalata mista (mixed salad). Laying by the pools (one cooler and one warmer) was lovely and we met a lot of nice people there.

Covo Front Desk & Concierge Staff - The hotel staff was great. Carmela at the front desk handled our room check-in and was very fast & efficient. We literally only spent 5 minutes at the front desk before being shown to our room. Having a bottle of champagne & chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us was a nice touch too. The various concierge staff arranged dining reservations for us prior to our arrival and secured great tables at each location including offsite restaurants. Giuseppe handled our check-out and was wonderful with our luggage transfer too.

Now the sad part of my story ..... I made the mistake of splitting our time here and then spending our last 2 nights at Le Sirenuse. Why did I do this? Mainly because the previous TripAdvisor reviews for Covo were mixed and Le Sirenuse was put up on a pedestal. To be blunt, my husband and I cannot understand why Covo is not rated higher and we both thought Le Sirenuse was overrated, stuffy and ridiculously overpriced. (Paying $40 euro for one club sandwich was completely ridiculous and unworthy at Le Sirenuse. They didn't even make a decent Pina Colada).

To all the honeymooners who cannot decide where to stay, go to Covo dei Saraceni and save yourself disappointment and thousands of dollars/euros. We liked the pool area better at Covo.... the other guests staying at Covo were friendlier ....the sea views were better at Covo .... the room terraces were much larger at Covo ..... the mixed drinks were much better at Covo... the food was much better at Covo (yes, we went to La Sponda Restaurant at Le Sirenuse and had a lackluster experience) ..... Covo's pool restaurant, the brasserie and the upscale dinner restaurant were all delicious and better than Le Sirenuse .... even the breakfast buffet at Covo seemed better with a larger selection of choices.

Just wanted to pass along a comparison as I wish someone would have told me this before our trip. My husband I look forward to returning to Positano some day ... and when we do, we will be staying at Covo dei Saraceni.

Room tip: Junior Suite Room 43 was very nice!
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Renee L
Reviewed 21 September 2018

This hotel employs the nicest people on the planet who really know how to welcome their guests to Positano. There are no words to adequately describe the whole experience of being in such a lovely hotel right on the Amalfi Coast except maybe Tutto Bene!

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 19 September 2018

We have travelled extensively in Italy and never been so disappointed in a hotel as we were with this one. It got off to a bad start and went downhill from there. They charged the full amount for our stay the day before we arrived. We called them to be told that it was 'in case we didn't turn up'. We explained that they should not charge the credit card until we actually didn't turn up. The hotel did not give us any directions as to how to find it so we were wandering around and going into shops to ask for directions. Sullen, unfriendly reception staff on arrival and even more so when they had to re-imburse the credit card charges they had erroneously applied. We were also taken aback by the 12EUR charge to bring our two suitcases down to the hotel from the drop off point. The hotel should cover this charge. The Quisisana (a true five star hotel) in Capri does. No welcome drink either - something we have experienced in every hotel we have visited around Italy whilst we were waiting for them to check us in. The room was very nice, good location overlooking the bay and plenty of space however, we had to take two separate lifts to get to it which was really annoying. The bed was hard and uncomfortable and the pillows were like rocks. Cleaning service was poor, used glasses unwashed and no bottles of water with the turndown service - another thing that should be automatic in a five star hotel. The concierge was simply unbelievable and had a real attitude problem. So arrogant. He could only recommend 2 restaurants in Positano - one of which was the hotel's restaurant. We looked for and found other restaurants. The pool area is not big enough for the size of the hotel. When we put our towels on the sun loungers at the pool we were told we had to be back in 10 minutes which we ignored. We were away for 20 minutes having breakfast and when we got back, our towels had been flipped over. This, despite the fact that there were other sun loungers available. Other than this, the pool service was very good and the staff friendly and efficient, unlike the rest of the staff in the hotel. The beach (it doesn't belong to the hotel) is awful. Packed together like sardines and the service was really bad and expensive - 38EUR for 2 bottles of water and two soft drinks. This is a truly awful hotel and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Jackie B
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Along with 2 large groups of raggazzi (‘young people’), and several other older international tourists, I arrived by boat from Salerno. The ancient Roman town of Positano was built over the past millennium or so up the steep hillside as ranks of beautifully proportioned homes and small villas. They ascend the hairpin curves of the road winding through the narrow gorge of the old river valley.

After a long and very pleasant day, climbing the switchback road with its hairpin curves incised deeply into the hillside valley, I descended back to the waterfront to catch the last ferry back to Salerno. I was an hour early, a little hungry and thirsty, and tired. My leg was very sore and I needed some quiet respite from the unrelenting crowds.

About 10’ above me, I noticed a wide and wonderful interior space of white-washed, barrel-vaulted ceilings, supporting climbing vines behind a lengthy open-window sea-view vista.

I climbed the road a bit and peered into a cool breezy space almost completely empty of people. I couldn’t order food yet, the kitchen not opening until 6:30 p.m., but they would offer me the wine list. I took a seat with this stunning seaside view, and immediately felt at great peace. Soon I was supplied with water, a glass of a recommended and wonderfully full-bodied local vino rosso, a plate of green olives, and bowls of peanuts and pistachios to help me enjoy the sea breeze. As I waited for the ferry, that hour was the perfect end to a perfect day. The Covo dei Saraceni provided a world-class view of a world-class location (a UN World Heritage site), and a robust, flavourful local wine, served quietly by an excellent waiter. The cost, 8 Euro, was perhaps the best money I’ve ever spent.

Room tip: Restaurant is simply spectacular. Even poor food (which is NOT provided) would be outstanding with a view like this place has...
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2018

This hotel is a beautiful place to stay & enjoy Positano. Very comfortable, stylish, great service & lovely food. Thoroughly recommend for a memorable holiday. The staff were extremely friendly & very helpful.

Room tip: Chose a balcony room overlooking sea & township for a great view
Date of stay: August 2018