All reviewsground floor bedroomamalfi coastrosaapartmentboatsnaplessteps
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

To be really honest the place is average but what really makes it special is ROSSA. She made us fall in love with this place and can call it home! It's located in the center of the town and everything is walking distance. It's direct on the beach with many water activities including the port where you can visit Capri and other islands near by. Note: make sure you ask for a porter to help with the bags!! They ask for 10€ per bag.
Enjoy

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 30 July 2016

I chose this place because of its location right on the beach. I didn't want to deal with climbing up and down the stairs to the hotel when we were in Positano only for 2 days. I had read some of the reviews here and was prepared on arrival with reservation information, apartment name and rate. We arrived one hour early. Rose, the caretaker, did tell us that our 2 bedroom (actually one bedroom + living room/Kitchen) sea view apartment was not ready. She asked if we would take another room. We said we would wait. She was nice and let us leave our bags in the apartment while it was being cleaned so we could go to the beach.
Rosa seems strict at first but she was actually very nice, once you break the ice, like others said. The rooms were clean and comfortable and we received fresh towels and cleaning services both days. We asked for and received beach towels from her too. I even asked to move one of the mirrors from the bedroom to the leaving room so my daughters could use it. Rose and another lady brought nails and a hammer and helped me hang the mirror. The private front yard has beach chairs and huge umbrellas, so you don't have to pay for public chairs. Rose would open the umbrellas every morning for our use.
Like others said, the kitchen is not very practical. The tiny 2-burner stove and the sink are attached to each other and very hard to use either. But we made the most out of it and tried creative ways of cooking simple things for breakfast and made coffee in one of the pots. No coffee maker.
Others mentioned the smell of the septic tank. Our rooms did not smell bad but flushing the toilet would cause a horrible smell. I assumed they are using recycled water for the toilet.
I would recommend this place, considering other accommodations in Positano are not as convenient.
Lack of WIFI is a problem when you are traveling, though. Other guests who had purchased the daily wifi told us it was not strong and we chose not to buy it. The bar right next door, gives you a 2 hour wifi access with when you purchase a beer. That wasn't strong enough either.
See a picture of Rose that I added with her permission, the apartment building and one of the private front yards. I think there 3 or 4 front yards each with its own little gate.

Room Tip: Have the name or number of the room you reserved ready at arrival. A few people told us they weren't given the room they reserved.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank tal b
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

All in all, this was a great place to stay as it was on the beach with a balcony over looking the sea. Every morning enjoying a coffee and every evening sipping a glass of wine while taking in the beach / sea. Most resorts you can't stay this close to the beach.

The restaurant next door gave 10% discount which was great as we spent every day on the beach and had lunch there a couple days.

Air conditioning was fantastic and could be left on while out for the day. Very cold room.

Info:
- Entrance is to the left of the building and not where the sign exists
- Parking is public and we didn't know which was the last/closest one. Once you miss it, you're taking the one way loop again. (15 min)
- Porter - get a porter to take your bags down. Even traveling down was challenging. (10 euro per bag)

Quirks
- Very hard to find
- No front desk although the hard working lady that runs the place is everywhere.
- No one makes the bed although fresh towels are dropped.
- Wifi avail for 10 euro per day but only 1 device.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

Looked forward to a great beach front experience and spent extra for a generous (30sqm) triple room/apartment with a town view.

Instead got a small room with a trundle bed, looking straight into a rock.

No flexibility, either from the hosts or from booking.com, luckily only here for two nights.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Modenamann
Reviewed 6 July 2016

I booked to stay at La Caravella w/ a 3rd party booking, and chose the options to pay at the hotel. But I also chose the option to cancel within reason for extra per night (just in case). June 22, 2016 I reserved for September 14th thru September 18, 2016. It was almost $500.00 USD per night! I had the option to cancel up until August 30, 2016 with no penalty. I found another more reasonable place and cancelled the reservation at La Caravella, on June 29, 2016. Looking at recent transactions, yesterday, on our credit card yesterday we saw this establishment (Palazzo Marzoli Resort) tried to charge my Visa $1670.00 USD. No where in the pending transaction does it indicate any dates, a booking number or the name of the Hotel Caravella. So we suspected fraud. I contacted the 3rd party booking Company and they could not find any association either. It has been escalated and I am communicating with various departments with my Visa, the 3rd party booking and Palazzo Marzoli Resort. What a hassle.. I had to cancel my credit card. I would not recommend. They were not to charge our card until September 18, 2016!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple