All reviewsground floor bedroomamalfi coastrosaapartmentboatsnaplessteps
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

All in all, this was a great place to stay as it was on the beach with a balcony over looking the sea. Every morning enjoying a coffee and every evening sipping a glass of wine while taking in the beach / sea. Most resorts you can't stay this close to the beach.

The restaurant next door gave 10% discount which was great as we spent every day on the beach and had lunch there a couple days.

Air conditioning was fantastic and could be left on while out for the day. Very cold room.

Info:
- Entrance is to the left of the building and not where the sign exists
- Parking is public and we didn't know which was the last/closest one. Once you miss it, you're taking the one way loop again. (15 min)
- Porter - get a porter to take your bags down. Even traveling down was challenging. (10 euro per bag)

Quirks
- Very hard to find
- No front desk although the hard working lady that runs the place is everywhere.
- No one makes the bed although fresh towels are dropped.
- Wifi avail for 10 euro per day but only 1 device.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

Looked forward to a great beach front experience and spent extra for a generous (30sqm) triple room/apartment with a town view.

Instead got a small room with a trundle bed, looking straight into a rock.

No flexibility, either from the hosts or from booking.com, luckily only here for two nights.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Modenamann
Reviewed 6 July 2016

I booked to stay at La Caravella w/ a 3rd party booking, and chose the options to pay at the hotel. But I also chose the option to cancel within reason for extra per night (just in case). June 22, 2016 I reserved for September 14th thru September 18, 2016. It was almost $500.00 USD per night! I had the option to cancel up until August 30, 2016 with no penalty. I found another more reasonable place and cancelled the reservation at La Caravella, on June 29, 2016. Looking at recent transactions, yesterday, on our credit card yesterday we saw this establishment (Palazzo Marzoli Resort) tried to charge my Visa $1670.00 USD. No where in the pending transaction does it indicate any dates, a booking number or the name of the Hotel Caravella. So we suspected fraud. I contacted the 3rd party booking Company and they could not find any association either. It has been escalated and I am communicating with various departments with my Visa, the 3rd party booking and Palazzo Marzoli Resort. What a hassle.. I had to cancel my credit card. I would not recommend. They were not to charge our card until September 18, 2016!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lavonneco
Reviewed 3 July 2016

Location was great ...glad I didn't have to go up the hill every day. The manager is tough but just need to break the ice with her and she was very helpful, in fact got lots of discounts for us.

Rooms are small but very clean and everything worked.

Room Tip: Make sure u get a ground floor.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Rohner68
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

I don't get why it's a thousand Aussie dollars a night for something way less than would be deemed a two bedroom apartment . The second room is curtained off - no window . The kitchen is a joke

I don't get why they don't tend to the garden in particular the weeds

Good location but that can only take you so far

Stayed: June 2016