“Excellent”
other travellers have booked this property
One of the most beautiful terraces in Positano with a breathtaking view over town, beach and gulf
The terrace Living room with French doors opening to the terrace
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The terrace
Living room with French doors opening to the terrace
The living room, massive wooden dining table, sofa-bed
The Kitchen
Bathroom 3
Bathroom 3
Bedroom 4 with two single beds convertible in a double
Bathroom 4
Mosaic decoration on the terrace
Blloming Amarillis in the garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Storytell...
“Excellent”
Reviewed 11 June 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

Dear Massimo, I regret my late thanks for a wonderful week in your magnificent villa in Positano. Time selected - in mid April was absolutely perfect - brilliant days and a good temp. The villa Don Giovanni did fit our wishes. Elegant, modern, very comfortable with all facilities and wonderfully situated with a sweeping view of Positano and "Positano Bay". We will no doubt try to rent this magnificent villa again in 2018'¨. The service deserves to be mentioned because we had some special requests like sea fishing, mountain climbing, etc. All of this, together with different requirements for transports on land or sea proved to be more than satisfactory. Finally, I would like to mention Mr Massimo's information about the facilities which was one of the best I have experienced. I have travelled to many places round the world but the information provided by Mr Massimo was outstanding, exact, relevant and gave me all the information I needed - and quite truthful. I and my family intend to reuse this exclusive resort villa With appreciation Christian Hårleman

Management Response
14 Jun 2017
Dear Christian,
thank you for your your review and the kind words about the accommodation, the hospitality and the information we have provided.
We were pleased to have the opportunity to host you and your family are looking forward to having you back in Casa San Matteo - Positano again in the future.
In the name of the staff I wish you and your family all the best. Arrivederci!
Massimo Predieri
Casa San Matteo - Positano
Sonia M
Pennsylvania
“Best Vacation Ever!”
Reviewed 25 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

I researched Positano accommodations for many months, and came upon this Don Giovanni. Best decision ever! Beautiful centuries old villa, with all the charm included. Thick walls, antiques throughout. A perfect place to stay that made one feel a part of the local scene. The bedrooms were great, as were the common areas. The view from the balcony was the best. Morning sunshine was welcomed as we sipped our espresso outside. Giovanni helped us with our luggage and was available for any issues. Marco had afternoon snacks ready for us when we arrived. He was able to arrange a tour to Pompeii for us. We were close enough to walk into town, even though we had to walk over 300 steps and a few walkways just to get to the street that led into town! And, to walk up again, after a day of shopping and wine tasting!! There were little shops close by, on the hill where the villa is located. Friendly people everywhere. Will definitely be back!

dutcherin
Calgary, Alberta
“Amazing Host”
Reviewed 12 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Massimo is truly an extraordinary host. I was so impressed by his dedication and willingness to help. I encourage any travelers to book his vacation rentals with full confidence as he has demonstrated himself to be a man with principles who will go out of his way to assist his guests. A true professional, Massimo goes above and beyond for his clients, even when helping them comes at his own personal expense. It would be a great pleasure for me to stay at one of his rentals in the future.

Larry C
Monroe, Louisiana
“Amazing! View,location, size, Did I say view yet? WOW”
Reviewed 2 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

Ok, let’s start with the view. The moment you arrive at the villa you can’t help but gasp at the view from the balcony and yes it looks just like all those pictures you see in travel ads! The patio is huge and has two umbrellas and some lounge chairs and you will need them because every minute you are here you will spend on the patio. The entire apartment was spotless and had every amenity you could possibly want including all the things necessary for your gourmet cook to use cooking up fantastic dinners. The villa is on the high side of the town with many steps to go up but once on top there was a grocery store, bar, Pizza shop and most everything you need for your stay. Of course there are many steps down as well (much easier) that lead to the heart of the town, the beach area with many shops and restaurants and plenty of activities. I do recommend you get a bus ticket since the walk up the steps is tedious and time consuming.
Our host Marco was very helpful with recommendations on getting around and he arraigned some awesome tours for our group as well such as the private boat to Capri, just ask him and he can make it happen and he speaks perfect English as well. We were a group of 6 (three couples) and he was in touch with us the whole time making sure everything was perfect, he even had porters come to the villa to help tote the heavy luggage back up the steps on our last day.
The place was perfect for our group and had room for more and I won’t elaborate anymore and spoil the fun of arriving and seeing this place so you will have to do this on your own and believe me you will not be disappointed!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The property was perfect for our group of three couples.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jaffa9
Adelaide Australia
“Stunning views”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 for a stay in November 2013
person found this review helpful

Firstly, apologies to Marco Messimo and Giovanni for my belated review. I have had the fortune of staying at Don Giovanni twice, once in 2012, with a large group, we leased the whole property and had a fantastic stay, even though the weather didn't,t play ball . And again in November 2013 with my son and his friend, this time the weather was unseasonably good. The accommodation is fantastic, excellent, and exactly what you want when staying in this iconic section of Italy. Please, don't stay in a western style hotel or a new building when you can immerse yourself in the history of Positano. This accommodation sets the mood for a great holiday in one of the most pictured landscapes of Italy. Added to that, is the history of this family and building, not enough room for me to get into that story, but if you are lucky enough to meet the very cultured and educated owners, you may get some background. I could write about the amazing style and artistry of this " villa" but what makes this property so unique is the views and the wide expansive balconies, upper and lower. The only drawback is the views make it to easy to decide to stay at Don Giovani's and not explore the area of Positano and the beautiful neighbouring towns/ villages. Do yourselves a favour take the opportunity to stay at one of the most charming and historic accommodation options in one of the most charming and historic areas of Italy. It,s a no brainer.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing