One of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. It reminds one of being transported into the 1920's, 1930's- with the evening 5 course meals, waiters in white tuxedos, piano bar in the evenings. It was just a magical place. I wouldn't bother going to any of the other restaurants on the island, as we tried one night and were dissapointed. Villa Ottone is someplace we will definitely return to! Can't wait.
The only thing I would say, is that we stayed in the main hotel, not the villa or the cottages, and the rooms had obviously not been done up in some time. this didn't bother us, but for honeymoons and more special occasions I would recommend staying in the villa or cottage. Oh and definitely go for the half board.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegance is the keynote of a hotel which underwent large-scale renovation during winter 2007. New SPA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Villa Ottone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ottone Hotel Portoferraio
- Hotel Villa Ottone Elba Island/Portoferraio