Hotel Le Ginestre
Cervo Hotel, Costa Smeralda Resort(Porto Cervo)(Great Value!)
US$ 600
US$ 491
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 555/night.

Balocco Hotel(Porto Cervo)(Great Value!)
US$ 533
US$ 355
Colonna Resort(Porto Cervo)
US$ 405
US$ 393
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 448/night.

US$ 627
US$ 564
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 677/night.

Hotel Luci di La Muntagna(Porto Cervo)(Great Value!)
US$ 294
US$ 258
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 329/night.

Grand Hotel in Porto Cervo(Porto Cervo)(Great Value!)
US$ 328
US$ 291
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 337/night.

Dolce Vita Hotel(Porto Cervo)(Great Value!)
US$ 243
US$ 235
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 293/night.

US$ 1,234
US$ 1,141
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 1,544/night.

US$ 1,539
LuxuryCollection
US$ 1,202
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 1,363/night.

All reviewspool attendanthalf boardprivate beachlovely hotelgolf buggybar pricesnouvelle cuisinecosta smeraldapool areacheapest bottle of winebottled beerorganised tripcomfortable sunbedsexpensive eurosno tea or coffee making facilitieswithout exceptionpublic areas
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Hotel really pretty, however my room was dark and dank, but always spotlessly clean. The beach was just a small stretch of the bay, so not really private, also it was not v clean and was about 10 minutes walk, although they did have a golf cart on demand.V. nice beach towels and sunbeds, you need swimming shoes.This hotel has steps everywhere and to reach the restaurant you must walk outside, so no shelter from the rain. The main disappointment was the food, a small selection, v. small portions and not good. The cheapest bottle of wine was 29euros, a bottle of water 5 euros, nothing to do in the vicinity.

Room Tip: best views
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank susanb1944
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Wife and I spent a fortnight half board (as part of bridge holiday group) in this lovely hotel in the midst of a wood stretching down to the edge of the sea. The hotel was very italianate - like Portmeirion in North Wales. But beware there are no client lifts for those with dickey knees - and lots of steps in the open air such as down to the dining room.

The food is no more than adequate - nouvelle cuisine - and the plates for the hot dishes were generally cold except for later breakfasters when they had been put through the dishwasher. Breakfasts, although a wide range, were disappointing for the hot food- bacon virtually inedible- and an omelette (or any change to the day menus) cost extra. And getting jam meant dicing with the wasps.

Drinks are very expensive - 8 euros for a beer, 6 for a glass of wine and 5 euros for a middle sized bottle of water.

Unfortunately the hotel is very isolated. The walk down to the private section of a public beach through the woods takes 10 minutes and uphill all the way back is tough in the sun, though the hotel does provide golf buggy transport on request. There is a wooden platform there for getting into the sea (good for swimming) and lots of loungers (and a shower) - but no toilets or eating facilities.

There is no pavement on the narrow main road outside the hotel. We were warned it was dangerous to try to walk along it- and it was easy to see why - such speeding. So you are restricted to the limited and expensive lunch menus of the hotel - and nowhere else to buy your water (such as the huge supermarket down the road) unless you hire a car (which we did online before we arrived) or use the free shuttle bus into Porto Cervo itself. At the time we were there the bus ran only about 3 times a day - and taxis cost 25 euros for the 2 kilometer trip.

To see the island you really need a car anyway - or use an organised trip perhaps latching on to a holiday company like Saga who seem to use the hotel regularly.

On the other hand, the staff were generally charming and helpful, room maids and reception in particular.

Room Tip: Low level hotel but no client lifts to the upper floors (better for the views)
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank peregrin2012
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

I thought as I was driven to the hotel, there are no cafes, no little shops and nowhere obvious to walk out to during the day. This was exactly right. The hotel is very isolated. However, I received a lukewarm greeting at reception and was duly told where my room was. It was dark, black furniture and felt unsafe. The chair had a hole in the base which caught on the back of my leg when I sat down. I wasn’t happy to stay there but the reception lady said she could do nothing to change the room until next morning. I accepted this. Next morning, I went to reception and was given a new room, which was much nicer and brighter. The lovely lady, who cleaned and tidied my room was excellent. The waiters, without exception were surly and unable to cope with people changing tables.
Others in my group had arrived earlier and, going to breakfast, the chatter was about how awful the evening meal had been. ( I had missed this as my plane arrived after the restaurant had closed. I hadn’t been given any food as a substitute ).
I went to my new room, unpacked and went to a trips meeting. All the trips were very expensive. I had noticed that the fridge had some soft drinks and two beers but found that a small tin of beer was €7 and soft drinks equally highly priced. I took the shuttle to the town of Porto Cervo. I should have guessed but the cafe prices were astronomical. One cafe next to the tiny supermarket was just affordable. The shops are all designer really expensive boutiques.
The hotel’s food for our group was so awful with such tiny portions, nearly always cold, that most of us needed to top up the meal with food we had bought at the supermarket. However, if you are looking for a lovely hotel, miles from anywhere, and are keen to diet, this is the hotel for you. But everything is very very expensive. Be warned.
Alghero, which a few of us visited, is a very much nicer place with reasonable prices and a lots more to see and do.
The beach is a ten minute walk away but 20 minutes walk back.
This hotel would be so much better if they had more shuttles to other towns, bigger and better meals (breakfast was actually ok), and they halved their prices on food and drink. Economically, I believe it would be better for them as more people would buy more drinks and lunch meals.
Not for me I am afraid.

Stayed: October 2017
3  Thank Susan L
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Very isolated in spite of shuttle bus to Porto Cervo.Taxis extremely expensive. We paid 90Euros foe a fifteen minute return journey between 4 people. A car is a must. Evening meal was of very poor quality often cold. Waiters somewhat aggresive-appeared under pressure to get orders in quickly. All drinks in hotel very expensive-Gin and tonic 15 Euoros.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank chillybilly2015
Annalisa D D, Direttore at Hotel Le Ginestre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Dear guest,
I am very glad you find helpful our free bus shuttle service from/to Porto Cervo 4 times a day. Next year we will probably improve this service.
We have no conrtol of taxis fares and we know they are overpriced and this is the reason why we run a free shuttle bus,
Every day we do our best to meet the needs of our guests.
You fargot to mention you were part of a group with a very strict time schedule. Since you had a fixed time for dinner because the activities had to start right after, you may have felt some kind of rush in the waiters. Maybe we can suggest your group leader to anticipate dinner to enjoy our professional and keen service.
I really wish to see you again next year to see how our service will have improved!
If I can be helpful in any way please feel free to contact me anytime at my e.mail address direzione@leginestrehotel.com.
Kind regards.

Annalisa Del Pin

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Very good hotel in a beautiful location with excellent service & authentic food. Staff very attentive & nothing is too much trouble - from Claudio the pool attendant to Felix, Michaela & Alfredo in the restaurant & Luca in the bar to name but a few...
Enjoyable non-demanding walks to Pevero & Piccolo Pevero beaches for ice cream, wine & to view the shimmering turquoise sea.
Strongly recommend selecting half board as the food is very good, 4 course menu changes daily & eating in Porto Cervo is incredibly expensive!
Well appointed bedrooms & communal areas making the most of the views & everywhere is spotlessly clean. Exceptionally comfortable beds too.
Things to consider however: 30 minute walk to Porto Cervo (but not at
night!) otherwise a car is essential or a taxi at €20.
Quiet hotel in evenings with pianist on a couple of nights & then make your own entertainment...
Very small private beach but very pleasant pool terrace & very comfortable sun beds (best around).
Beer is expensive but house wine is excellent & well worth sticking to...
Overall, would thoroughly recommend a stay at Le Ginestre, its expensive but worth it.

Room Tip: Recommend seaview rooms, well worth the upgrade
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple