“A real disaster” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Porto Cervo
Rosario
“A real disaster”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

We are very disappointed with this resort.
Not really a five star resort.
1-Our room was in the middle two quarters with babies crying, an error of the person performing the Cheq in
2-We made the reservation and use the credit card as guarantee but the webpage of the hotel debit the total amount when we made the first reservation.
3-The rooms are very normal not five star resort.
4-The breakfast is normaly and full of persons
I am very disapointed......

• 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Pleamar
Stefano-Lai, Direttore generale at Colonna Resort, responded to this review, 13 September 2011

as Manager of the Colonna Resort

I'm very sorry to read your negative review on our hotel,
seems to read things related to another hotel,
because is so far from those that usually the others guests, sending to us.

I'd like to have the details of your stay, to better understand,
also I'm very sorry to have your discontent, only now,
because I wanted to have the opportunity to remedy any way, for try to make a better stay for you.

Every days, We strive to improve service and meet more and more, the expectations of our Dear Guest. Thank you, however, for your indications, because we will use these in a constructive mode, to better monitor our services .

Best regards.

Colonna Resort, 5*****
Porto Cervo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Czech first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

nice location... really 5star hotel, only bad signal and internet access

• Stayed August 2011
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank lordsvarog

as Manager of the Colonna Resort, I can take this opportunity to send the
thanks for have dedicated your time to write a nice review about your stay at Colonna Resort, and for the compliments that you've turned to our hotel and all the Staff.

I send you a special thanks from all the staff, which has been honored to serve you during your stay with us.

We hope to have again as dear guest, to try to give you an even better treatment, in all sense.

We hope to give you again Welcome to Porto Cervo, and remain at your disposal for any need or request,

I would like to send you Best Regards.

Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

I'm French but, as usual for a hotel abroad, I'll write in English.
I just came back from this hotel and, having read TA reviews before, I've got to say: do not believe some people, permanently unsatisifed of nearly everything: this hotel is very nice!
It is built on a large park next to Porto Cervo, in the area of Cala Granu and Capo Faro. It is a large edifice but with several buildings.
The rooms are quite big (we had a large terrace with two sunbeds, a table and two amchairs) and nicely furnished in Sardinian style (a large bed - very comfortable - a wardrobe and a desk, a small chest of drawers and a small table with two chairs) and well equiped (hairdryer, flat TV sat, mini-bar, slippers, bathrobes, magnifying mirror and one of the best-regulate airconditionning I have found). In fact, I have not found any iron (though i thought I had read about one on a website) but it did not bother me. Two little regrets: the bathroom was very small (very different from the website one) with only one washbasin (I had to struggle to put on make-up!) and dark (beautiful lamps but not very useful!) + though the room was always very clean, our bedsheets have not been changed once in a week...And not prepared at night, as done in other 5 stars.
The rest of the place is marvellous and my special award goes to the swimming-pool area...Incredible! I had the chance to go in some great hotels (relais&chateaux, leading hotelsoftheworld) and I had never seen such a pool area! (I'm probably not the only one: all day long, I could see from my sunbed people stopping their cars to take photos of it!). I've got to say that, most of the time, I try to avoid sea-water pools but these ones are fantastic (not rusted, as I read in TA but very clean with everything well tidy around). In fact, the beach is very small and rocky but the pool area largely makes up for it: I'm not a swimming-pool addict during my holidays but, there, I totally forgot about the sea (and the sea-water concept is thus here very witty). The bar next to the reception is also nice and the lobby is refined.
The restaurant, now: I did not try the beach bar (except for nice smoothies), so I can't comment. For the breakfast: great! Cheese, scrambled eggs, juices, fresh fruits, delicatessen, smoked salmon...everything! (that's why I did not have the opportunity to taste lunch!); a little regret: If you want to get it in your room, you have to pay (in many others, you don't). I tried the diner restaurant once: nice with a good choice (of course, for my opinion and taste, it's not as refined as in some French high gastronomy hotel restaurant - without chauvinism - but it's nicely cooked).
The staff is very amiable and helpful and, no doubt, they offer a 5-star service, from the porter to the pool staff (i.e. Abdou) or the waiters and waitresses at the restaurant (i.e. Pedro) or the barman at the swimming-pool, or the reception staff (even if more formal and inhibited for me).
Spa and fitness center: fitness center looks very small (but i'm not sporty at all, so no pb for me); I did not try the spa.
In my week there, the only real bad point was...The noise! Unfortunately, my room was maybe ill-situated (over the reception) or badly soundproofed but i could not sleep before 2 in the morning, most of the time (and with ear-plugs!)...The reception phone was ringing all night long and the two young women next to my room were doing a lot of fuss with high heels clacking, phone ringing and doors slamming all night long...Dreadful. As I don't like complaining, I did not say anything and eventually decided to sleep...At the pool, during the day (far calmer!).
Yet, I may come another time to Colonna Resort (but I'll ask for another room this time!).
N.B: for quality/price rate: my mark is high because I had the chance to find a good deal, otherwise it's, of course, not really affordable in peak season but probably better in september or in june.

4 Thank isabrit05
Stefano-Lai, Direttore generale at Colonna Resort, responded to this review, 1 September 2011

as Manager of the Colonna Resort, I can take this opportunity to send the

I send you a special thanks from all the staff (in particular from Abdou and Pietro), which has been honored to serve you during your stay with us.

I regret reading the not cleaning in the evening, and bedsheets didn't changed.
We change the bedsheets and towels everyday 2 times a day.
Maybe you have forgot the card "not to disturb" on the room-door, sometimes.
And about the noise of the room, I had wanted to change the room for not to suffer the noise and for allow to you to sleep better.
Now we will check this room for this defect of the noise, to avoid the same problem with other guests.

We hope to have again as dear guest, to try to give you an even better treatment.

Thank you and Best Regards.

Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

This was the best holiday I have ever been :-)! Beautiful hotel and view, helpful staff, absolutely delicious foods. I will come back to Colonna Beach Resort ! Thank you everything! Aranka & Jozsef

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aranka T
Stefano-Lai, Direttore generale at Colonna Resort, responded to this review, 24 August 2011

as Manager of the Colonna Resort, I can take this opportunity to send the

We hope to have again as dear guest, to try to give you an even better treatment, in all mode.

I would like to send you Best Regards.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

Hotel has a pleasant pool complex and is reasonably nicely decorated. However, the consistently poor customer service and overpriced food mean that I definitely wouldn't return.

Customer service:

- Really bizarre and unpleasant experience in the indoor pool/ spa complex downstairs. I asked the girl on the spa reception if the indoor pool was open. She then showed me to it and left. Looking for a changing room, I then walked towards a door at the back of the room, and was then quite rudely approached by her and her colleague, who told me I couldn't enter, and that there wasn't one. I then spent about 5 minutes sitting in the indoor pool/ jacuzzi, got cold, and got out and started toweling off. The first receptionist then approached me again and asked to see my 'free card'. I told her that I didn't know what this was, and she told me that to use the indoor pool, sauna, etc, you were expected to pay a supplement of €30. I asked her why she didn't tell me this when I came in - she didn't answer and her colleague sneered at me. The first woman then walked off and came back with a brochure detailing the supplement and treatments available. I told her again that they should have made this clear, and left.

- Witnessed two of the waiting staff at breakfast having an argument and swearing at each other

- Reception staff were generally abrupt, both on check in and in response to questions during stay (e.g re. shuttle bus)

- Used the ironing service before dinner for 2 shirts and 2 small dresses, asked for immediate return, this took well over an hour, no apology from reception staff. If you're wondering why they don't have an iron in the room, this service cost about 30€, so I think that's your answer...

- General standard of English quite poor among hotel staff

Food:

- Evening meal overpriced (around €70 per head for the set menu, more a la carte). Food was largely edible, if bland, but low points included a seafood salad that was 3 limp prawns on a bed of lettuce, and a melted ice-cream.

- Lunch time food in the beach restaurant incredibly overpriced, and service slow/ forgetful even when there were few customers. It took them over 45 minutes to bring my boyfriend a lemon sorbet.

- Breakfast selection was good, table service quite quick for coffees etc.

Location/ Other

- Liked the pool complex - it was quiet and pleasant. Clifftop location means you get a nice breeze

- Private beach is extremely small, and largely made up of wooden decking next to the water - would recommend hiring a car and going further afield

- Ditto for going to Porto Cervo - there is no return shuttle bus in the evening, and they only run approx 3 times per day, so hire a car

- Hotel was unusually quiet for early August, so if you're looking for a buzzing atmosphere, avoid it

In summary, I won't return and I wouldn't recommend it. Ironically, I'd read comments on tripadvisor before I went about customer service, and had put the negative comments down to people not speaking Italian, or having overly high expectations. Trust me - they're justified..

Room Tip: Check not above reception - ours was a couple of floors up, and we could hear the phones ringing...