All reviewscakethe ownercarlapassgavia
Reviewed 10 September 2014

I spent four nights here as part of a road cycling trip. A great location for accessing the start of the Gavia Pass, spacious and spotless rooms, secure storage for bikes, good breakfast, quality throughout. The owner (Carla) was superb at looking after our group and making our stay so pleasurable. Going to cycle the Gavia Pass? Stay here - you'd be daft not to!

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
chigolo, Proprietario at Residence Hotel Raggio di Luce, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Thank you for your review and for describing our location and the facilities of Raggio di Luce for bikers.. It was a big pleasure to share "my house" with your group and to take care of you. I hope to see you all again.

Reviewed 9 September 2014

I've just returned to the UK after a wonderful week at the Raggio di Luce. Carla really does deserve all the plaudits on this site. She is delightful and could not have done more to make our stay so enjoyable. After a tough day cycling up the Stelvio Pass, she home cooked for us a superb 4 course meal. The hotel is very well located for cycling some of the toughest mountain passes in Europe, the Gavia Pass is on its doorstep and the Mortirolo just down the road. Epic! With secure storage at the hotel and Carla's local knowledge and exceptional hospitality, the week couldn't have been improved upon.

Room Tip: The rooms are excellent and spacious, some of the apartments are very large indeed. The beds are very comfortable, and plenty of storage space.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peter D

I'm happy to learn that you spent wonderful days at Raggiodi Luce and that you enjoyed our area climbing on Passo Gavia, passo Mortirolo and Passo Stelvio, the most popular passes from Giro d'Italia. Thank you for having described our area as cyclist, I hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The Raggio di Luce has been the perfect place to stay after having bad luck with the weather during our Mountainbike Transalp Tour. Wet to the skin the friendly family gave us besides wonderful and cosy rooms everything they had to help us dry ourselves and our equipment and made the stay to an unforgettable memory. Thank you very much, we warmly will recommend you and wish you 'in boca al lupo'

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
hotelraggiodiluce, Proprietario at Residence Hotel Raggio di Luce, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

I'm happy to learn that your stay was an unforgettable memory and that you felt our wish to help you in any need. Thank you for "in bocca al lupo" for the future. I wait for you by the next Transalp tour (hopfully wiht sun ).

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I traveled here with a friend while we were in Northern Italy when we decided to go skiing nearby. We couldn't have been more pleased with our stay. Carla is so sweet and made us feel at home. My friend is gluten intolerant, so she went out and got special bread and cake just for her. She even made us restaurant reservations and told them before we got there! The hotel itself is clean and comfortable. I will look for any excuse to go back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
hotelraggiodiluce, Proprietario at Residence Hotel Raggio di Luce, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you for your wonderful words. I'm happy to learn that you enjoed our gem. I hope to see you again in the next future.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Booked the hotel in the back of tripadvisor reviews and was not at all disappointed. Excellent service by Carla who looked after our every need, organising taxis, cooking us a typical Italian meal etc.
if you are going to Ponte Di Legno, summer or winter, then this should be your first hotel to consider in the resort.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
hotelraggiodiluce, Proprietario at Residence Hotel Raggio di Luce, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for recommanding Raggio di Luce. I'm happy le learn that you enjoyed your stay in our house. For me it's a pleasure to look after all needs of my guests. I hope to see you in summer.