Hotel Scherlin
Orbitz.com
US$ 157
US$ 152
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 197/night.

Hotel Grones(Ortisei)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Rodes(Ortisei)
All reviewsgreat hotelskiingtowndinnerdolomites
Reviewed 25 March 2015

We booked this hotel less than one week before departing for our winter ski holiday.
I chose this place among hundreds and I must say it was one of the best choices I have ever made about hotels.
Huge room! Ours faced the garden and the mountains. Amazing view all day long. Super sunny! About 40 sqmt! Beautifully yet simply decorated with incredibly comfy beds (I travel a lot) and clever bathroom (a door divided the toilet from the bathroom so 2 persons could use it at the same time).
The spa is great! Sauna and steem bath, internal and external pool, last but not least external whirlpool were the reason why we would go back earlier as to enjoy the hot water watching the mountains.
Excellent meals: great buffet in the morning and salad buffet in the evening, simply cooked courses never too heavy or too big portions, superb desserts.
Mrs Scherlin is extremely efficient, always on the go, beautifully dressed in the evenings together with the staff.
Bus stop right in from of the main door allows you to avoid the use of the car and makes your holiday more relaxing. Bus stops in Ortisei main square after 10 minutes and you can walk to the ropeway with your skis on your shoulders!
I super highly recommend this place for winter/summer holidays.
Thanks Mr&Mrs Scherlin!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Virgoletta1975
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We were two families staying 4 nights at hotel Scherlin. Unfortunately the weather was not the best with two rainy days and a bit low temps.
The location is nice (beautiful view) if you have a car (the hotel is a bit outside Ortisei) and the overall facilities is ok with large rooms, very good beds, nice swimming pool and sauna, but a poor fitness room.
The staff was able to give us information about trips, but they were not very welcoming nor especially interested in their guest well beeing.
The food is typical Alp style.

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Sigvee
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The lady owner did not behave in the same way with all guests and sometimes she was unpolite: put us in a corner fo the restaurant, gave us rooms with view to the road and in the last day she moved us in the restaurant without any previous anounce. The hotel looks good: spacious rooms with large bathroom, beautiful outdoor pool and jacuzzi. At the indoor pool water was a little cold. The breakfast was good and lunch generally tasted well, but not exceptional. The region is very beautiful and perfect suited for skiing.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marina T
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Good location, nice and large room. Indoor pool, sauna, but no bathrobe. You have to rent it for 8 euros! The food...not good, not bad! The same deserts (I belive that they buy the desert from the market/shoop) every day. Anyway, good price for what you get. However, the food could be better. Realy, it's taste like...chimical.

Room Tip: ask for 212 - great view! And also, large a sunny room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The Good::
This hotel is set in a spectacular location amidst rolling hills and snow-peaked mountains. Simply gorgeous! The views are truly wonderful and the hotel has obviously made the effort to display those views from as many vantage points as possible. The lounge and restaurant sport huge windows and you are almost overwhelmed the persistent beauty of the views...in a good way.
The hotel itself is immaculate and it looks very new. Beautiful woodwork, high quality doors and paneling and windows. The view from the balcony is equally spectacular. The bed is comfy by Italian standards for sure. The room is large, pretty and very inviting.
At this hotel breakfast AND dinner are included in the cost and so everyone dines together and you can choose from 2 pasta dishes and 2 entrees and then 6-7 desserts. There is a salad bar as well. The meals have a nice, friendly feel because everyone dines together. The food was good, not crazy good, but tasty, home-cooked, and hearty.
The other clientele there were rather reserved and we didn't interact with anyone....which I found a little strange but maybe that is how Europeans vacation. We were definitely the only Americans there.
The pools were beautiful, both indoor and out. They are heated and overlook the gorgeous valley...again...views everywhere!
The whirlpool was lukewarm. Maybe that is normal for Europeans but we Americans like our hot tubs hot. So that was a bit of a disappointment.
There is an adorable little sauna house as well and more saunas, steam-room, fitness room, and tan bed inside.
Free parking! Always a plus!
We took a walk up the road and through the hills....gorgeous!

The Bad::
Limited service, not so friendly
When I first walked into the hotel there was a rather grumpy man sitting there. When I went to him and spoke English he got up very quickly and ran away without a word. Then a markedly UNsmiling woman said hello to me. Then I said I wanted to check in and she said, welcome! and shook my hand. Strange.
There is no bellhop, which is normal in Italy I suppose at 2-4 star hotels.
But what bothered me was that the front desk was left unattended a lot of the time. So if I had a question about something I was unable to ask. To sum it up, I felt more like we were staying in an apartment than in a hotel. Very much we were left to our own devices.
So, if you are going to this area I highly advise that if you want to go around and do things that you do your homework because there is not really a concierge or someone hanging around to help out with that kind of stuff.
The one thing I have to recommend is the restaurant La Rosticceria Sotriffer in Ortisei. Best food we ate in Italy in 12 days!
Overall, I highly recommend this hotel for beauty, and more beauty, tasty food, and a fun pool. And kid-friendly. But don't expect great service.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room with a view of the valley!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family