Stopping by Norcia with family amid vacations at lunch time, we decided to get inspired rather than reading reviews. I am glad to therefore write a positive one about this restaurant after having gotten evidence about realiability of our inspiration.
- excellent soups made of local zero km cereals (we got sampled those made of lentils [famous ones from Castelluccio], wild peas [roveja], spelt, beans)
- outstanding hand made pasta with delicious rustic seasoning (got "strozzapreti" with simple but delicious tomato filet sauce and basil)
- top level hams (including the local Norcia ham, the sole one that can be compared with the best Spanish "cinco jotas" because of organic feed and grassland free wandering of pigs)
- grilled flash of excellent quality and cooked at perfection (our sample included beef, pork, lamb, mutton, wild boar; several flash came from various cuts, including interiors)
- finger licking vegetals, including courgette flowers filled with mozzarella cheese and deep fried in olive oil
We could not try anything else (e.g. desserts) as we were pretty full
Not to be forgotten, local "abbey brewed" beer (Nursia): my Belgian friends will excuse me if I compare it with their Trappiste, won't they? I love Belgian beers and Nursia shouldn't be ashamed to attend a contest wit h them.
Coffee is just OK (but it's hard to satisfy folks from Naples about it .........challenging benchmark .....)
Extremely nice and friendly staff, not the least; recommended for families, too.
Value for money amongst the highest ever (all of the above recited stuff at 55 € for three people .......... it's pre-Euro level).
All in all it's an excellent option for a succulent lunch in Norcia.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.