“A really good place”
Review of Granaro del Monte

Granaro del Monte
Reserve with
Granaro del Monte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Norcia
Cuisines: Gastropub, Wine Bar, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Attualmente delocalizzato in Viale Umbria, Norcia (davanti all'Hotel Salicone). Parcheggio disponibile
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Visited this restaurant for the second time and the experience was as good as the first one! The staff is friendly, professional and relaxed. The food is excellent; I took a cheese plate, pasta with truffles and tiramisu and can warmly recommend it all. The wine list is rather extensive. We sat out at the terrace where you can watch the street life but there is plenty of space inside for cooler days. And finally, reasonable prices, good value for money!

1  Thank Mai-Brith S

Reviewed 9 August 2016

We ate here 3 nights in a row when we stayed at Palzzo Seneca which is just across the road. The food was varied and all was delicious. I wanted trout and they explained that the dishes of trout were cold but offered to grill one for me- delicious. The platters of cured meats and cheese were fantastic. The staff were welcoming, efficient and very kind. I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

Norcia is known for its cured pork products and black truffles and you can sample the best at the Granaro. Huge restaurant with many rooms. Try to eat in the charming outdoor area in summer. We started with a sampler, served on a wooden board, of the local prosciutto, capicollo, dried sausage and other renderings of cured pork. All delicious and interesting, served with toasted bruschetta. Our pasta was fettuccini with an incredibly generous sauce of grated summer truffles and black pepper. The truffle flavor was intense. Finally a filet of veal stuffed with truffles and a salad. We had glasses of an Orvieto riserva (disappointing but we are not fans of Orvieto wines) and a sagrantino by Adanti. This was superb and perfect with the veal.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

This restaurant and hotel is located in the center of Norcia. We were driving thru central Italy and this was recommended as a stopping point for a look --- we could have spent 2 full days looking. This is one of the most charming towns we have ever seen. This is a huge restaurant but we chose to sit outside in a covered dining area during a rare shower. The view of the street and activities were charming. Some of my family eats gluten-free and most of the items are easily prepared that way. And the gluten-free pasta was terrific. My son had the gluten-free pasta and my daughter had gnocchi that was prepared in a white sauce. Both were wonderful. My wife and I had a three course vegetarian meal that started with a buckwheat areuggla salad that was out of this world. We then had the pasta with a tomato sauce and fresh cheese. My wife them has cream of lentil soup and I had grilled vegetables-zucchini, mushrooms, kale and potatoes --- all perfect. The gluten-free bread was heated in thebwoodbfires oven and was also delicious. Our meal finished off with cut fruit and this was fresh and perfectly ripened. We had water with our meal (not wine). The service was first rate. I cannot say enough accolades for the meal and service. The attached hotel looked beautiful as well.

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Two of us went for lunch midweek in July and sat outside under the awning. The traditional food we had, lentils with sausage and wild boar was fine but not exceptional.

What was exceptional was the lack of organisation and speed of service. We waited ages to have our order taken. Then they came back again to confirm which salads we'd ordered to start. The same happened, not twice but three times, with respect to our main course. Then the real farce was getting the bill. I'd waited over half an hour asking several times for the bill. Then I got up and hovered around the waiters' till. It was clear that either they had a new computer system that wasn't working or no one had been trained how to use it properly. I was not alone and observed several irritated customers.

Federico B, Proprietario at Granaro del Monte, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2016

Dear Mr Iain M,
I'm Federico Bianconi, owner together with my family of the restaurant "Granaro del Monte."

Thank you very much for the time you have spend writing this review and reporting the problems you had while having lunch in our restaurant.

I'm really sorry to read that our service did not meet your expectations and we would like, together with all the staff, sincerely apologize about what happened.

Unfortunately, most of disservice occurred as a result, as you understood, of a computer server block caused by the inconstancy of the internet signal . All of this has created long delays and misunderstandings in both service and transmission of kitchen orders, as well as confusion in the organization.

If all this had not happened we would have guaranteed, as our habit, a rapidity outside the norm, which is one of our characteristics in doing catering " freshness, authenticity, quickness and kindness."

We hope to have you again in Norcia, make you appreciate our kitchen and show you that what happened was not due to the staff but rather to a computer problem.

See you soon.