“The best & biggest T-Bone ever!”
Review of Osteria Acquacheta

Osteria Acquacheta
Ranked #10 of 105 Restaurants in Montepulciano
Price range: US$ 24 - US$ 47
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Osteria ACQUACHETA, open for over 25 years, has retained the characteristics of the old Tuscan taverns. The kitchen, sharing tables, one glass for water and wine, and not least an authentic welcome and true, typically Tuscan, make it a local flavor ... you feel at home ... Managers, CHIARA and GIULIO, have maintained intact over the years the tradition of pasta, bread, cakes and homemade preserves to which are added succulent steaks cooked Florentine embers of wood. Local, small and very popular, is located in the upper part of the old town, a few steps from the main square.
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Perfect ambiance, we felt like at home and enjoyed authentic food with delicious pecorino cheese and mouthwatering T-Bone steak, cooked to perfection, such a wonderful & flavorful meat that all I saw on it was a little salt, nothing else!
Loved it!

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

We visited this for lunch. The staff were charming and sorted out a place for our 2 1/2 year old to sit with no problem. Pici with truffle, pici with ragu, parmigiana and roast guinea fowl: an altogether good lunch. The atmosphere is very special - unpretentious and informal - which I love best. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

We came here for the Bistecca and were not disappointed. Communal tables meant we had lots of people from different county speak with.
Wine was by the carafe or if you want a bottle the owner writes down the year and price of the 3-4 bottles available on your placemat. Was a great experience and the bistecca was everything I hoped it would be!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

An evening here comes under the heading of an authentic dining experience and not just a meal. Long communal tables of like-minded diners, a convivial staff, and the best steak that you will ever have make for an unforgettable event. I shared a 4 lb T-bone with a couple from Ohio whom I had just met. The sides and house wine are extremely reasonable. When Julio calculated my bill on the table cloth in front of me I couldn't believe what a great value this place was. Be good to yourself and GO!

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We did some research before attending. It meant all our expectations and exceeded some. A must stop for anybody visiting the city.