All reviewsinfinity poolcooking classour honeymoontuscan countrysidebeautiful groundsfour courseswonderful restaurantbreakfast and dinnerwine tastingolive treeseuros per personpastaa wonderful place to staycakesday tripyogurtsayed
Reviewed 17 May 2017

We had our wedding here at the beginning of May and it could not have been more perfect. It was an intimate setting for our small group. We stayed three days and we were treated with kindness and excellent hospitality.
Everything at the villa is beautifully kept, the grounds are lovely. The rooms are all clean and furnished with beautiful antique pieces. The staff are all kind and attentive, and the food is amazing! There wasn't one minute we weren't enjoying ourselves.
We definitely plan on coming back to the villa for a future anniversary (or anniversaries!). Our family and friends still have not stopped talking about it, everyone had an amazing time. I would highly recommend this villa for an intimate wedding or anyone looking for a beautiful place to stay in Tuscany where you will be extremely comfortable and well treated. I really cannot say enough, thank you Villa Cicolina!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2017

After a week in Rome and Florence, we arrived at the villa on April 1 which was their opening day for the season. We were at this Villa for three days. This is not your typical modern hotel but more like a welcoming at home relaxing, rustic, countryside type of atmosphere. Upon arrival, we were greeted outside by Alyian who was so wonderful, checked us in, showed us to our rooms and explained the operation of the Villa. On the days that Alyian was not at the property, her co-worker, Syed, is on-site who was also so accommodating and helpful. Wonderful, personal customer service from both of them. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and so well maintained. The views from the Villa are amazing as it sits high above the Tuscany valley. Before we arrived at the Villa, our experience with food was mediocre at best. My husband, sister and brother in law and I were expecting the same type of food experience at the Villa. We were pleasantly surprised. The food is prepared fresh, by an on-site chef. You have four courses for dinner in which every dish was beautifully presented and so delicious. Daniele who served the food was absolutely amazing. He was so friendly and made us feel so comfortable and at home and went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect. I'm a vegetarian and as soon as I asked him if I could get something other than meat, he informed the chef who prepared phenomenal vegetarian dishes. Danielle made us feel like we were family and we can't thank him enough for the great experience he provided. The Villa offers cooking classes, which my sister in law and I decided to take advantage of. We had so much fun and it was interesting to see how a chef works in his kitchen. We came away with a lot of great tips and great recipes. The accommodations; you have to keep in mind that the Villa is hundreds of years old and the owners of the Villa went to great lengths to keep this Villa as authentic as possible while adding the modern convenience that today's travelers demand. With that in mind, the suite we stayed in was large and rustic. The bed was comfortable, the views were breathtaking. Our bathroom had double sinks, but in order to keep the ambience of the Villa they added a shower to a claw foot tub with a cloth shower curtain. It was awkward at first and having a husband who is 6'2" proved to be a little challenging, but we came up with a couple tricks. If you put the hand held shower wand on the pole as high up as you can, move the shower curtain behind you a little so that you aren't touching it, it actually works pretty well. There is going to be water on the floor so make sure that you put a towel down. There is no where to put shampoo or soap on the tub, so we just laid a towel down on the edge of the front of the tub and put everything on the towel while we were showering. It may be a little awkward at first but you get use to it pretty quick. It was actually a hundred times better than the shower we had at a hotel we stayed in while in Rome. The last thing I have to mention are the owners. Both husband and wife are very pleasant and they have a little dog called Luna who is so sweet and at the Villa every now and then. She only comes up to you when you call her, which I have to admit, I did quite a bit. She would sit with me on the chair and I would pet her while looking out at the beautiful Tuscany sceneary. If your looking for old charm, great service, great people, and a relaxing experience this Villa is a 10+. Mary B. and Jim L.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank M L
Reviewed 28 March 2017

Let me start by saying that this is about 5 years overdue...My husband and I have stayed at Villa Cicolina starting in 2011 and return every summer we are in Italy. This is our favorite place to stay in all of Italy. The Owners and Staff are 100% available to you for anything you need. Sayed & Alijah are the BEST!
We have stayed in many of the rooms, they are all decorated with antiques and beautiful furnishings. The beds are comfortable and the rooms quite large, airy and roomy.
In the Morning breakfast is served in the dining room, usually we sit in the garden and enjoy all of the spectacular plants and flowers. The breakfast is quite expansive and many choices for everyone.
We usually have a car and are out the entire day including dinner. We have dined at Villa Cicolina and loved it! The Pool area is to-die-for! They have an infinity pool over looking the Tuscan countryside. The pool is situated in the middle of an olive grove and among the gardens. There are endless places to take pictures and discover on the immense piece of property.
Villa Cicolina is in Montepulciano our favorite hilltop town in Tuscany. There is so much to do in the area and it is a perfect town to use as your base.
Although we have not attended a wedding/event there - I have seen pictures and know that it is a perfect choice.
Don't think about it - book Villa Cicolina for the best stay in Tuscany!

Room Tip: We love La Vigna.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SANDRA F
Reviewed 2 January 2017

Villa Cicolina is a little gem nested in southeastern Tuscany. We were looking for a quaint villa following 5 days in Florence to rest and use as a pied-à-terre for our 3-day stay in Tuscany. The Villa was just perfect with beautiful gardens, confortable rooms and amazing vista. Another couple joined us from Naples so we rented the cozy cottage. It was just perfect. Though just a few meters away from the main villa, it offered some additional privacy that was much welcomed after busy Florence. The gardens and pool areas are beautifully maintained. Unfortunately, it was not warm enough in mid May to enjoy the infinity pool but I can only imagine what it would be like in the summer. The receptionist at the Villa were always most helpful. The onsite restaurant (a small dining room in separate building on the ground) was perfect for breakfast. We had dinner there on our first night but favoured local restaurants in nearby Montepulciano afterwards. Villa Cicolina is highly recommended for those who plan some well-deserved rest and relaxation. It would be a shame to spend this much on accommodation and not be able to enjoy the grounds.

Stayed: May 2016
2  Thank Francois M
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

Returned to this beautiful hotel after having to cut our stay short the year prior.
Lovely hotel with lovely pool. Rooms are fitted out with antiques and are beautiful. Breakfast is lovely and the evening meal was simply sublime.
Definitely going back!