“Island of peace near Montepulciano”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
ddsoffida
Offida, Italy
“Island of peace near Montepulciano”
Reviewed 2 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

Thanks to my great hosts Pamela and Johnny, I was able to recharge my batteries in the beautiful peaceful countryside just south or Montepulciano. I stayed in one of the apartments which was well furnished and comfortable and while I didn't take her cooking school, I spoke to 4 americans who had a wonderful time (even the men) and was able to profit from their labors by sampling a bit of their fresh handmade egg pasta and a dessert. The property comes complete with a vineyard from which they make their own wine and olive trees for artisanal extra virgin olive oil. Just a short drive away is Montepulciano, Cortona, Lago di Trasimeno and a bit further, Siena, so it is ideally located for a multi day exploration of Tuscany.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The warmth of the hosts
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Dubai
Reviewed 8 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013
person found this review helpful

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
USA
Reviewed 18 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
Texas
Reviewed 17 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Management Response
17 Oct 2012
We are quite sad about your review on TripAdvisor. It is rare for us to have this kind of reaction, and we are puzzled and hoping to understand what happened. I believe that all of this could have been resolved if you had spoken to us when you were here.

For the sake of future possible guests, I feel I should respond how we might have handled your complaints if you had let us know:

About the WiFi… I just returned from a hotel stay in Milan. I paid 10 Euros a day for WiFi, and it was not a consistent signal. Welcome to life in Italy! At Poggio Etrusco the WiFi is free. Thanks to the lovely 400-year old (very thick) walls, the signal doesn’t reach all of the apartments, but each apartment has a covered terrace that does get a strong and pretty consistent signal. I know you had difficulty connecting due to the incorrect settings on your laptop, but once you worked that out, I saw that you found several HotSpots on the property, even on your own front porch. If you had mentioned that it was an inconvenience, I would have given you a portable repeater that would have increased the signal. There are no TVs in the apartments as all channels are in Italian. However, if you had requested a TV, we have a small portable one we could have hooked up for you.

As for the darkness, the lights are energy-saver bulbs and take a while to warm up. I would've gladly brought you more lamps if you had only said something. I do apologize that we apparently didn't get a light bulb in to replace one that was burned out. Also, I noticed that you kept the wooden shutters closed even in the daylight. That would certainly make the room quite dark.

The guest information booklet has info about where to take your trash, however if you had asked, we could have emptied your trash can under the sink, which was probably what caused the odor.

Most agriturismos don't even offer breakfast, and when they do, the typical Italian breakfast is quite simple. We try to offer a variety of primarily organic and seasonal products. Most people are tickled to cook their own farm fresh egg in the little egg cooker. The yogurt we buy is top quality and delicious, and is of course ‘packaged.’ The pastries come from the local pastry shop, fresh every morning, supplemented with my homemade jam tart and/or olive oil cake. Fresh fruit, cereals, bakery bread (Tuscan unsalted bread, which the uninitiated often misunderstand) and American style bread for toast, and my homemade jams. There is good roasted Italian coffee, hot milk, hot water and teas, organic juices (yes, ‘packaged’), and our healthy spring water. If there was something missing from that breakfast, we would have been happy to provide it.

We have no fleas. I know this for a fact as I am highly allergic and make sure the animals are flea-free. We were in the mosquito season when you were here, and offered you citronella candles and repellant as we noticed you spent a lot of time in the garden.

I have written to all of the other guests that week (and have heard back from all but one), and they had a completely different experience than yours. All found the property charming inside and out, the breakfasts abundant and fresh, and had great sleep.

Above all, I am very sorry that you were so unhappy. We take pride in making our guests feel at home and try to make their stay pleasant and memorable. I wish we could have known the problems at the moment and would have either resolved them, or helped you find another accommodation that would have suited you better.
lortonsed...
D.C. Suburbs
“Almost there in Montepulciano”
Reviewed 17 July 2012 for a stay in May 2012

We chose this place based upon reviews we saw in Trip Advisor. I must say that the owners, Pamela and Johnny were an absolute joy. They are easy going and fun to talk to and made us feel comfortable right away. While this is B&B and not a hotel, there were just a few items we felt could have been done that would put this place "over the top". We found the lighting in the rooms very poor; to the point where it was difficult to read. The rooms were damp and cold although we understood that the law in Italy prohibits the heat being turned on after a certain date. So be it. While we did not expect luxury by any stretch, we all came away thinking that if a bit more effort would be put into the accommodations, the place really would be incredible. Our wives took a cooking class and this is where the place really shines. Pamela is obviously an expert Italian cook and accomplished author. They learned a lot in their class and we ate a fabulous meal out on the patio when they were done. The location and country side is beautiful.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cooking School and the charming owners
Liked least: Dark Rooms, inability to use heat
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing