All reviews outdoor pool massage therapist hot tub hotel restaurant air con rooms are large hill wine region
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

I am a frequent traveler and was disappointed by the sullen reception staff both at checkin but even More so on checkout morning on Monday the 13th of August between 8 and 1030 AM

The female receptionist was downright rude when all I was doing was asking a simple question about how the spa services (included in our room fee) worked. In my view, the woman should not be ‘customer facing as I will forever remember how she made me feel) >> small and stupid in front of my children <<

Ruined what had otherwise been a fairy-tale vacation — and so un-necessary - I hope that this power trip the young woman does something for her - or that she gets some help - itsno way to treat your worst enemy let along a guest in your hotel....

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Scoutu
EtruriaResortSpa, Direttore at Etruria Resort & Natural Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Guest,
we thank you for the commitment with which you have reviewed our structure, both on Booking.com and on Tripadvisor. The largest number of reviews we receive speaks of the friendliness, courtesy and professionalism of the receptionists. For our Resort, to your question about Spa services, if the receptionist answers to ask directly to the colleagues of the Spa, all the information a guest needs, since they are much more prepared than a simple receptionist hotel, it is not rudeness, but professionalism.
Best regards

The direction

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

We booked this prior to reading reviews (which were pretty bad), so expected a shocker. In fact all of the staff, the buildings, facilities (pool, gym, etc) and our room (suite) where really great. Like 9/10 great. We did however make the mistake of booking in for dinner and it was impressively bad. We were the only people in the restaurant at 8pm (seats maybe 80) which was the first warning sign. The waiting staff where reasonable good, a nice guy we had meet at the pool bar earlier. However the food was a bit of a train wreck, I had a steak and my wife had a tomato bread salad. The steak was edible (just) the salad not at all. To the establishments / staffs credit, we noticed they didn’t charge us for the salad (due to the fact that none of it was eaten) which is really good in my eyes. The breakfast was ok, nothing great, but nothing horrific either.
All in all, this is a great hotel in my opinion, just avoid the restaurant. The front of house and hospital staff are pleasant and really helpful. The buildings and room was fantastic. The pool was great.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Our room was very small. The A/C was not yet turned on so it was quite hot. The girls at the front desk were not very pleasant at all. We asked for a map and for suggestions on what to see and they gave us nothing. We started to walk and had no idea where anything was we walked back jumped in our car found 2 lovely wineries. Then stumbled upon a nice litttle town. I would not recommend this hotel

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this location for 4 days, including the end of the year.

The location itself is very nice, in a historical building, with some modernity- we stayed in a Junior suite on the ground floor and it was very nice, with a good temperature (despite many people were complaining about the high temperature in their rooms), big bathroom and nice view - just not happy with the mattress that was not a good standard (not in shape anymore, probably overused), at the level of what expected and the bed a bit noisy -

We have been satisfied with the Spa and Wellness center services ... but we think the Hotel could be much better just with a bit more of attention to details.

As an example, the gym was very well equipped with a good variety of machines but without air conditioning (we had to open the window to have fresh air) and the cleaning was poor (some stains on the floor were not washed along the three days we used it).

The dinner on New Year Eve was not bad at all but, as a very subjective choice, they served just fish (with exception of a very small portion of cotechino) with white wines from North Eastern regions ... very good but we were missing Tuscany's flavors. The new Year Day's brunch was a normal breakfast with just few more quiches with nothing peculiar from the region. We were disappointed, being used to Brunches much richer.

With regards to previous reviews, we must say the position was very good. Just outside of the town walls, in 10' we were in the historical city center - we went several times to the top of the hill and really enjoyed it.

We overall enjoyed our staying but, as a recommendation from people travelling a lot for business and leisure, need more attention to details to improve the quality of services and change the rate of the reviews.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 27 November 2017

My wife and I stayed in this hotel as part of a touring group. We had a very spacious, well appointed room with a glorious view over the valley below Montepulciano. The shower was tricky for the uninitiated and there was little sound proofing between our room and the next. The staff were for the most part standoffish and the included breakfast adequate but not great. We wondered how much of this was the result of it being the beginning of off-season and, in that regard, it was disappointing that the outdoor pool was already emptied.

Date of stay: October 2017