“This place is a rip off!!”

Ristorante della Fattoria Pulcino
Ranked #76 of 101 Restaurants in Montepulciano
Price range: US$ 22 - US$ 67
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

I went here to buy local products - wine, charcuterie, honey etc. I was in a hurry as I was with a group of friends. I didn't look at my bill until I got home that night and thought it must have been a mistake because it was almost $400. When I contacted the owner she said the items I purchased were "expensive" because I had purchased things with truffles in them. The products had BLACK truffles which are not particularly expensive. Items that cost around $10 all over Tuscany were $90 at this store!! There were no prices marked on the goods. I had a couple email exchanges with the owner trying to give her the benefit of the doubt but she clearly was intentionally ripping me off. The products are WAY overpriced, have no prices written on them and I think she overcharged me knowing I was in a hurry and distracted. If you read other negative review - of which there are many - they all mention sleezy pricing, hidden charges etc. there are so many wonderful honest places in Tuscany and this isn't one of them. Avoid this place at all costs!! And read all the many negative reviews - especially the Italian ones!

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Nice lunch with a great view. The restaurant has a lot if space and an inhouse shop for wine, cheese and meat

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We asked to share a plate of truffle pasta three ways and got three small plates however when we went to pay it was charged as three full size dishes. Barely any truffles in the dishes. Scam.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

The potential for this restaurant, product outlet is great, however they are well below the standard of their local competitors yet think they can charge more. With the poor service we received and expensive it was never going to be a winner. Meat cooked the authentic way was dry and stringy, the accompanying onions, which were subperb didn't arrive until we had finished even after giving them a reminder. The wine was ok but again expensive for what it is. It is a shame that they do not know how to present their wines because the first tastes are unpleasant suggesting the wine needs to breath before drinking.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

A large table of us sat outside on the terrace for Sunday lunch and had a great meal. The usual Italian fair with anti pasti, pici pasta, grilled meats, salad and lots of vino Nobile. We had good service and food.

What struck us was just how many other large tables there were of locals also having their Sunday lunch there. A good sign.

It's a huge restaurant and you could feel a bit lost inside, so if possible, book a table outside and soak up the stunning views.

Interesting museum downstairs, including a huge Etruscan mask they found.

Great place for buying olive oil etc to bring home.

This is a three generation establishment and I love the heart that lies behind this place.