I’ve just returned from Venice and the city is just absolutely magical. Prices can be steep so we decided to book this hotel in Mestre because it was slightly cheaper than if we stayed in Venice directly.
In terms of location it is literally opposite the train station and every train which states “REG” next to it on the departures board goes to Venice and vice versa on the way home. It costs about 2 Euros or so for a single train journey to Venice from Mestre and it is about 5 – 10 minutes on the train.
Getting the train is not always my first choice but seriously it really is hassle free and easy! The hotel can arrange tickets for you too. I only noticed this on the last day, doh!
On arrival at the hotel we were greeted with extremely friendly reception staff. They are very helpful.
When we got to our room we were really happy. You get your usual toiletries and a hairdryer so it’s not worth buying soap if you are only going for a weekend.
The room was clean, light and it had a good size TV with sky cinema where you could watch some cheeky films if you had an hour or so to spare. The selection of channels was much better than any other 4 star we had stayed in.
The bar staff in the evening were friendly also. We managed to grab a quick drink on arrival before the bar closed at 12am. Only thing I wasn’t keen about was the breakfast. The breakfast itself was fine, it was just your standard bread, pastries, egg and bacon.
If you are a vegetarian beware because anything you can eat is based next to the meat. Even though I am a vegetarian this didn’t bother me too much it was more the service in the breakfast room. In particular a very rude young waitress. She would look and us funny when we asked for a coffee and never laid our table properly both days. In fact we didn’t really know what we were doing the first morning and had to second guess everything because the breakfast staff weren’t very much help at all.
Unfortunately, there were renovation works going on when we stayed there. So we were awoken by a very loud drill and banging noise at 7am in the morning. Although we needed to get up early anyway it would have been nice to have been forewarned and to have had a few hours extra in bed. I’m sure you can all relate to that when you’ve travelled late at night and you are absolutely knackered. However, I am sure that the renovations will be done with if you decide to go.
I am of course being very picky and I would definitely use this hotel again. It’s an excellent base to explore a beautiful city. It’s a clean, good old fashioned 4 star and you can’t really go wrong, it does what it’s says it does on the tin.
If you do go, have a wonderful time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna is located right across from Mestre railway station, and is ten minutes by train or bus from the center of Venice and the Grand Canal. It's easily accessible from the airports of Venice and Treviso and from the motorway. If you leave your car in the parking lot of the hotel you will be able to go and discover the wonders of Venice very easily. The Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna is also at the center of many tourist itineraries of great interest and fascination, as - for example - the villas of the Riviera del Brenta, the artistic cities of Padua, Vicenza and Verona, the beautiful view of the hills around Treviso, not to forget the nearby beaches and the beautiful Dolomites. The Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna has been operating for more than a century, with a strong passion for hospitality and with a recognized high standard in competence and experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Fastbooking, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Hotel Bologna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Bologna Hotel
- Best Western Mestre
- Mestre Best Western
- Best Western Hotel Bologna Province Of Venice/Mestre