Hotel Plaza
US$ 79
  • Bar/Lounge
US$ 122
2,288 results
All reviewsacross the streettrain stationsoul kitchen restaurantvisiting venicefrequent trainsexcellent locationmarco polo airportscrambled eggsthe ground floorexecutive roomtrains runconvenient locationsanta luciagrand canalbreakfast was includedreach venicevenice island
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I recently stayed here with my girlfriend during a weekend break to Venice.
We picked this hotel, as it was reasonably priced and was located close to Venice.

Reasons to stay here;
- The hotel is located directly across from the train station in Mestre. If you are looking to stay outside Venice then this location is for you, maybe not the hotel. We bought a 72 hour bus ticket, which is also valid on the vaparetto's (water buses). The bus stops directly outside the hotel, by the train station. Its a 10 minute journey to Venice, and buses arrive every ten minutes. The hotel's location was convenient to access Venice.

- The breakfast was excellent. A wide range of food to cater for everyone, and everything was fresh.

- I found the staff were helpful and friendly

Reasons not to stay here;
- The bed we had in our room was the most uncomfortable bed I have slept on. It was rock hard, and not what you need after a long day walking around Venice.

- We stayed at the end of March/ start of April. It was 20-25 degrees each day, and quite warm. I was disappointed when I came back to a boiling hot room, where the air conditioning was not working. Reception advised me that the air conditioning does not work until the summer months.

- There are no tea/coffee facilities in the room.

- While there is a FAQ section in your room booklet, I would have liked to have access to information on Venice/Mestre at reception. There was none.

The hotel gets a 3 out of 5 for me based on the above.
Would I recommend it? Yes I suppose I probably would
Would I stay here again? No I probably would not!

3  Thank How_Are_Things
Reviewed 9 April 2012

If you are staying for Carnevale, it could take you a while to get to the main piazza. The trains are so packed that you have to plan carefully when you are going to and leaving from Venice. The hotel itself is a very good hotel. Spotless rooms and excellent, plentiful breakfast. We also had dinner one night at the hotel's restaurant and was excellent. It also has a very convenient little bar for coffee and pastries during the day and wine and drinks in the evening.
Beware, since it's across the train station, we saw quite a few "ladies of the night" looking for business:-)
All in all we liked it but not if we are going to Carnevale in Venice.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter than facing the train station.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 53marialadiva
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed 2 nights at the hotel. No greeting from reception staff, all were talking amongst themselves when we arrived and waited to be served. Dismissed and unhelpful. No directions to room just 'take lift to 6th floor'. Room is a bit larger than most. Clean. Bathroom cramped. Water was tepid warm. When asked re this reception sent up a repairman who ran the water for a few minutes and left. No feedback. Second night shower exactly the same....except nearly cold.
Breakfast was ordinary but met all the food groups e.g. fruit, cereal
Free internet/computer on mezanine floor.
Advertises rooms are soundproofed - we found it very noisy not from traffic but other guests.
Hotel is across the road from Mestre station (about a 15 minute ride into Venice by bus number 2 that stops across the road from the hotel). If this stop is buy walk around the corner to the next bus stop which usually does not have any tourists waiting.
We had dinner at the Soul Kitchen restaurant next door to the hotel - lovely meal - recommend the mango soup dessert - divine and different.
Stay in another hotel but eat here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main street that is across from the station for a quieter outside noise.
2  Thank Lozza08
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We took the Mestre train station bus from Marco Polo airport and will take a cab to our cruise (which, hopefully won't be captained by the Chicken of the Seas). Although we paid for a bus ticket, no one seemed to care about collecting them! We came in a day early for our cruise to give us time to see Venice. The train to Venice is very conveniently across the street from the hotel, and again, no one cared to collect our tickets! I would recommend you buy just in case the Italians get their act together to collect them. The hotel itself is very clean, the rooms are very adequate. As Americans, it took us a while to figure out how to turn on the lights-- they require you put your room key in a slot by the door, which must also be why they only give you one key.

3  Thank canbax
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Wonderful service a Massive thanks to the staff on reception who help me sort a problem booking a palace visit very quickly. Breakfast tasty and filling, room clean and overall great location just opposite train station. I would recommend the Plaza as opposed to paying 3 times as much in the expensive centre of Venice

• Stayed: April 2012