I recently stayed here with my girlfriend during a weekend break to Venice.
We picked this hotel, as it was reasonably priced and was located close to Venice.
Reasons to stay here;
- The hotel is located directly across from the train station in Mestre. If you are looking to stay outside Venice then this location is for you, maybe not the hotel. We bought a 72 hour bus ticket, which is also valid on the vaparetto's (water buses). The bus stops directly outside the hotel, by the train station. Its a 10 minute journey to Venice, and buses arrive every ten minutes. The hotel's location was convenient to access Venice.
- The breakfast was excellent. A wide range of food to cater for everyone, and everything was fresh.
- I found the staff were helpful and friendly
Reasons not to stay here;
- The bed we had in our room was the most uncomfortable bed I have slept on. It was rock hard, and not what you need after a long day walking around Venice.
- We stayed at the end of March/ start of April. It was 20-25 degrees each day, and quite warm. I was disappointed when I came back to a boiling hot room, where the air conditioning was not working. Reception advised me that the air conditioning does not work until the summer months.
- There are no tea/coffee facilities in the room.
- While there is a FAQ section in your room booklet, I would have liked to have access to information on Venice/Mestre at reception. There was none.
The hotel gets a 3 out of 5 for me based on the above.
Would I recommend it? Yes I suppose I probably would
Would I stay here again? No I probably would not!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Nozio Netplan srl, ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plaza Hotel Mestre
- Hotel Plaza Province Of Venice/Mestre