“Great place”

Cuisines: Deli, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had a three course meal and a bottle of wine; all were delicious and reasonably priced. The staff were lovely and spoke really good English. It looks a little small from the outside and we were the first people there when it first opened but it almost immediately filled up.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had a good busiate primo potato and was particularly good. Next meal was a grilled mackerel. Bitnqhen asked not to add salt and too much oil when the fish arrived is was so overcooked it was dry and the consistency was like sawdust. Could be good if you don't ask to go slightly off piste!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

The restaurant Assud Porta Nuova was a lucky coice for a meal or two. While onnly in Marsala for three nights,my wife and I broke our rules and did two consecutive stops at this excellent establishment.
Our hostess/server, Sabrina, was more than welcoming. She was enthusiastic about the restaurant and menu. Like many restaurants in Sicily, there islimited seating. Ten tables max. perhaps. Though we did not have reservations, our early start on both evenings allowed uss seating. A chalkboard on the walldisplayed the menu. Though small, there wete a multitude of options.
My wife opted for the pasta busiata di tumminia on both evenings. I had the spaghetti al gambero, agrumi stratiacella with the swordfish alla antesca on the second night. We shared the octopus starters, bread and mixed salad as well as excellent suggested local wines. Complimentary Marsala wine capped both meals.
You have to go. End your evening with a granita on your ak home to your lodgings and you will have had a memorable time in Sicily.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner here . They were booked out but told us to come back in 30 mins.. and then gave us a glass of local wine as the table wasn’t quite ready . Great local food: unpretentious and delicious . I wish I was staying in Marsala longer ! We had caponata con peace followed by couscous con peace and spaghetti con gamberi e azumi. We shared a chocolate cake with a Marsala. Compared with Australia: 1/2 the price !

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Came for a birthday lunch for six and our eleventh old grandson. We all had fish and vegetarian meals. Pasta and then
the swordfish were superb. We went with the wine recommendations , a bottle both the white and merlot Assad wines which were excellent. The service was very friendly. We all agreed we’d come again and recommend to any friends coming to Marsala.