All reviews free wifi front desk property sea viareggio
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 10 days and I am amazed what people expect for their money.
The guys at reception ,I accept they are not the heart and soul of the party but when you engage them with respect and make an effort they were great always ready to help when needed.
A bit dated inside but nothing to wind herself up about.
Great location I am not going to say I could not fault them because I was more interested in enjoying my holiday.
So I would say if u are a party animal or are a total unreasonable miserable git don't go here or to Italy because you will hate it

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Ian f
Reviewed 11 August 2016

We came here from Florence with our two small children. Our initial reaction was that the foyer was dark and gloomy but nothing prepared us for the icy, unfriendly "welcome" we received from the old man at the reception desk. We then went to see our room and were so disheartened when we saw the dark, cramped and depressing room with a concrete balcony looking out onto a wall. Our parents room was equally miserable. I went to reception and was told we could indeed be moved to a better, bigger room but it would cost 300€ extra. The receptionist was absolutely horrible. We pleaded for a better deal and he said the manager might give us a better deal, which he did, 150€ to upgrade the two rooms. The lift in this hotel is tiny so unsuitable for buggys. The pool area seems to be unused and lacks any atmosphere. The water is very cold. On a brighter note, the rooms are cleaned well and breakfast was quite nice. I would definitely not go back as its unfriendly and lacking any kind of atmosphere.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Elaine B
brunetto m, Direttore at Hotel Capri, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2016

Well what to say more than you did... !!! the old man here, is only over 50 years that he his in this job and I manage all along to stay alive.

you had a choice while booking the room. choose a superior front sea view room or a classic room YOU had CHOOSEN the CLASSIC...

our rooms, more or less are of the same side. what it differ is the view. sea view or alpi appuane (classic room). the classic room, just to make you understand, ain't a bad view whatsoever... and for sure they are not (here I quote you) "the dark, cramped and depressing room with a concrete balcony looking out onto a wall".

in summary, you book a NO see view room, you came into reception asking for a free upgrade saying you just got married, and shove a 1 carat diamond in my face.

I upgrade you and since you just got married, I give you a substantial upgrade discount (50%). furthermore, to make you fell confortable and not angry, I gave you a new restructure superior rooms in the 4th floor.

well, as I say in the opening... "what to say more than you did".

oh!!! one last thing.
our buggys lift, is used every years by 1000 families, without any complains...

Regards Bruno.

Reviewed 27 September 2015

If you are looking for a warm welcome with genuine Italian hospitality on your next visit to Italy then don't stay at this hotel!!! The management & staff seriously need to take a sandwich course in social skills as this hotel has the ambiance & aura of a funeral parlour, On arrival to this hotel we were greeted with 2 short questions i.e name and passports.... we were then given a key and shown the elevator ? we had booked for half board ( breakfast and dinner? but wasn't told of the times for breakfast or dinner or where the restaurant was located...We found out next morning that there are 2 restaurants one for dinner and one for breakfast...naturally we went to the restaurant we had dinner in to have our breakfast only to find out that it was shut? after waiting 20 minutes we were finally told by one of the waiters that breakfast is served in another restaurant? on a heads up our room ( superior) was clean and had a pleasant view of the sea however I can honestly say that even this plus point did not compensate for the fact that this is a depressing Hotel run by a depressing and miserable management...

Date of stay: August 2015
2  Thank stargazer522
Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

There were a few good points to this hotel which I'll list first: Good sized rooms and bathrooms which are well finished (though awful smell from drainage in our bathroom!), wonderful views (if you pay for a superior room),plenty of food of reasonable quality, fair prices, and well done to Roberto, the waiter, who did his best under adversity! On the negative side: There is no atmosphere, the pool was closed, there are huge groups (40-50 from whom they make their profit), there is one tiny lift (max. 4 people), and finally, the management/reception staff are the most miserable bunch of old codgers I have ever come across in my life! I will not return.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tricky742
Reviewed 9 June 2015

The good thing about driving is finding places you never knew existed. This beach promenade district is endless and flooded with hotels. We just stopped to look at the beach and take it all in and looked over at Hotel Capri. Being 6pm, we walked in and the wonderful Stefano had a vacancy at a very, very reasonable rate. We didn't think twice. The hotel has been refurbished extremely well and tastefully decorated. We had a corner room at front with two balconys and endless views. Pristine condition, great hot shower, fridge, safe, hooks, space. And parking and a surprise pool in the backyard. A decent cappuccino in the morning as well to top off an impromptu one night stay. Hope all our hotels are as good as this along our journey.

Room tip: If possible, request a beach view room on front or corner. But even the side will have views.
Date of stay: June 2015