“Lovely and welcoming Accomodation above Town of Lerici”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Antico Glicine B&B

Antico Glicine B&B
Ranked #7 of 29 Lerici B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Lovely and welcoming Accomodation above Town of Lerici”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

I'd like to leave a good word for this lovely B&B, situated on a hill just above Lerici. I spent four nights/days there at the end of May 2011, and it was my first time in the area.
I was looking for a reasonable accommodation near the Cinque Terre and Lerici seemed a good choice of a town.
The owner, Paola is a wonderful host. There are two rooms, both with large double beds and a bathroom external to the rooms., but still close well-kept and clean, with plenty of towels. There was no one else staying with us (me and a friend was in the other room. All the rooms were very clean and well appointed. The highlight has to be
the terrace. It overlooks the Gulf of Poets and offers a stupendous view of the bay and the surrounding towns.
Paola offers a lovely breakfast out on the terrace, the biggest breakfast we had in our various stays -
and after the first morning I let Paola know I didn't need so much food at breakfast (the only one to have a delicious fresh fruit salad too) and a dozen choices in pastry/bread. Paola always offered to make me another fresh cup of coffee (double, because I like a big cup), even in the afternoon when I came back tired from my day.
The neigborhood is a fairly quiet one above the town. There is a path with a rather steep descent to get into the Lerici, but you can walk it in 20 minutes and it turned out to be a pleasant stroll. I never tried walking back up because
it was too steep for me, but I don't have a great back. An alternative is to take a bus which has a stop directly in front of the B&B, up until about 8:00 or so at night. There are taxis too, from the center of town.
There is easy parking down the street from the hotel and a couple of nice small trattorie nearby, in very tiny neighborhoods.
Paola always welcomed my questions and answered them with patience. She doesn't speak much English and my Italian is not great, but she does have people who can help translate for her via written communication, so if you write to her in English I'm sure will be able to handle your requests easily, and just bring a good phrase book when you go to stay there and enjoy it.
I regret not having a photo to post of the incredible view from the terrace - a completely wide panorama of the entire Golfo dei Poeti. I don't think the photo(s) on the website to it justice.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Kathy M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow