“Excellent seafood in lovely location”
Review of Vecchia Pergola

Vecchia Pergola
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

The Vecchia Pergola is located right at the end of the main promenade, and from its large outdoor patio one can enjoy beautiful views of Giglio Porto. The fish we ordered (bream) was incredibly fresh and cooked to perfection. Service was very friendly and the prices very reasonable for such high quality food. Lovely decor and very clean all around.

Reviewed 10 September 2015

My husband and I had lunch here and really enjoyed. The food and service was great and the house wine was reasonable and delicious. The restaurant has a great view of the port

Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

What else should I say?
I was there with friends, and craved for some good fish meal: we had some starters, all very tasty and delicate, and mixed grilled fish. Tasty and delicious!
In front of the sea, under nice shade, good house white wine.
Definitely recommended!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We have been dining at La Vecchia Pergola regularly for many years, and when we sail to Giglio it is one of the highlights of our stay. Excellent fish, well cooked, attentive service, nice view over the old harbor. It is a must!

Reviewed 22 April 2013

I am at a total loss with this restaurant. I've had much better elsewhere.
Two of us ate here and I am underwhelmed by the whole experience. The restaurant was cold. We had to ask for the heater to be put on, this was not offered to us.
Bread was put on the table. We did not ask for this nor can I eat it as I suffer from a bowel condition.
I ordered shrimp and green salad with Parmesan shavings for starters. It was bland, no taste at all. It was tiny shrimps, a bowl full of rocket and Parmesan which was cut quite thick which was very strong. My Husband had mussels which were delicious.
My main was better - a whole sea bass which was filleted at the table. There was still a lot of bones so was quite messy and also the sea bass wasn't very big but at least it had taste.
We asked for a dessert menu when this wasn't offered. The waiter rattled off in Italian a series of desserts. I declined on the basis I had no idea what any of these desserts were, with this exception of the lemon sorbet and I don't like lemon. He spoke English but expected us to know what these were in Italian, knowing full well we were not Italian.
The waiter spoke constantly to my Husband, deferring to him for everything which is beyond rude and sexist.
Wen the bill arrived, we had been charged €5 for the bread we didn't ask for. We just paid and left. Lesson learnt, I won't be returning. Bill was €70 for 2 courses and a beer. Hardly cheap.