“Excellent location, great facility, wonderful management”
Review of Hotel Saraceno

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Isola Del Giglio
Hotel Saraceno
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Isola Del Giglio
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed there while the Concordia was being floated - their busiest time, and one where you would expect the staff to be stressed. Not the case - excellent breakfast, nice facility, management accommodating and gracious (though a few were English-challenged, not surprising on Giglio.)

If you can, get room 43 - excellent huge balcony with umbrella, same price I think as other double rooms.

New wifi was just being installed as we leave, which will service rooms.

Room Tip: Room 43 is the standard rate for a double room, but has an extremely nice balcony/patio
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Nice room with a lovely view (apart from shipwreck which hopefully will be gone soon !).
Quiet, clean and good a/c.
Room fridge didn't work on arrival, but was fixed next day.
Wifi didn't work on 2nd floor which was a shame, but was fine in TV lounge apart from rude guest who played his video clips out loud with no headphones !
I first stayed here in 1976 and it is even nicer now than it was then.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I was visiting my dad for a week as he works on the island. There was a complication with where we were staying and the staff were not helpful at all and actually very rude. They refused to do anything for me as, in their words directed at me "she is not here to work". I also later found out that one of the members of staff had told a work friend of my dads that they "dont like English people staying in the hotel". This upset me. I did not stay in this hotel due to the complications but after my experience I will definitely not be visiting again. Very disappointing as the hotel was beautiful and in a perfect spot.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Saraceno_Hotel, Proprietario at Hotel Saraceno, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

We had a reservation for a double room for 2 workers. Instead they got 3 guests: 2 workers more the daughter of one of them, the presence of which we had not been informed. We politely explained to the nice lady that we did not have availability of another room because the hotel was fully booked.

Regarding instead the foreign guests in our hotel, we wanted to point out that from January to date we have hosted 3186 foreign visitors including 2,000 British citizens who have never created problems!

Reviewed 9 February 2013

Not bad but over priced for what one gets. Great view of Costa Concordia. Breakfast was very simple but good. Room was ok cleanliness not too bad. Manager spoke some English and service was good. Would never have picked this place but due to CC I suppose more people will visit it in the future

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days with my boyfriend in August 2012. We were really happy with the the room, which was very clean and spacious. We didn't get a room overlooking the water, but the view was very beautiful anyway. The location is also very convenient, as it can be reached on foot from the harbor. Even though it is located in lively Giglio Porto, it is very quiet at night. Given that prices are generally pretty high in the island during high season, this hotel offers a great value for the price you pay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
20.8 km away
Hotel Villa Domizia
Hotel Villa Domizia
#1 of 5 in Porto Santo Stefano

Been to Hotel Saraceno? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK