“Really nice location and good food”
Review of Lido La Romantica

Lido La Romantica
Ranked #16 of 149 Restaurants in Giardini Naxos
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has a really good location at the Beach and with stunning view to Castel Mola and Taormina. The food was good and the staff very nice.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Last night we were recommended this beautiful place. Food was good until myself and my friend, who both ordered the same meal, all of a sudden started turning red followed by: headaches, dizziness, vomiting, and diarrhea. Eventually we ended up at the ER and we were told we had Scombroid food poisoning.

Now we tried to go back to the restaurant to warn them that their dish was bad, but they refused to believe us. My entire family ate their and only the two people who ordered the same dish got sick. The owner was very rude and said it was “bad for business.” We never asked for any money, we didn’t make a scene, we wanted to quietly suggest they stop serving the dish, but we were called liars and it was obviously food poising. This type of food poisoning makes it look like an allergic reaction because it triggers a histamine response. No matter how fresh the fish is, if it was stored incorrectly when captured it can get this bacteria.

I want to clarify what my review is critiquing: The food was really good. Even my dish tasted good on the way down. On the way up not so much! I am simply critiquing the way the owner handled the situation. He obviously cares more about business than the safety of his customers. I was luckily not as bad as my friend who passed out multiple times and needed to be in the ER for 3 hours. We are from America so it was really hard to explain what happened in an Italian speaking hospital.

I do not recommend this place. But if you still go, stay away from the “Tonno Rossi Alla Beccafico.” And I really hope no one else ordered that dish that night!

1  Thank Zac T
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We have been to this place before and thought it was ok.
We got lost in translation with our waiter, he ended up not ordering my main course, despite me asking him if he understood.
The food itself was nice, just the service was a let down.
It is a really nice spot for a light lunch, right on the beach, I just think we had a little blip.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

A nice, simple place on the seafront with an interesting selection and variety of dishes. We enjoyed the seafood and fish mix for 2 people, really good.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

We visited this restaurant for dinner this evening, unusually for this area the service was poor delivered by surly male waiters, the exception being the lone female waiter who was friendly and courteous. When there is so much choice and equally good food there is no excuse for poor service. Avoid unless all other restaurants are full.