“Appalling but at least they recognise it”
Review of Pippo Lupo di Mare

Pippo Lupo di Mare
Ranked #28 of 149 Restaurants in Giardini Naxos
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 115
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We offer our guests a variety of dishes based on fish, meat and even pizza. In summer you can eat on our terrace facing the sea, we are located in the Bay of Giardini-Naxos with the wonderful view of Taormina and Mount Etna. We also offer a good selection of Etna wines for our guests.
Reviewed 12 September 2018

Short but quick review: Decent looking menu. Simple, effective Nice surroundings, nice staff.
Quick snack, I chose fritto misto and a salad. My partner chose a pasta with ragu.
I do believe I was served krill. I wouldn't mind, it wasn't even fresh krill. It was what had been scraped out of the bottom of a fisherman's net and sold on as 'tourist fodder'. Last week. Even a desperate cat would turn it's nose up. I did see some people eating the same thing. I know where they'll spend the day tomorrow.
Salad was dire. Unripe tomatoes paired with carrot. How that combination is supposed to work is anyone's guess.
Pasta... boiled for around an hour, left for a good two hours to steep whilst they count the profits from what idiots are prepared to pay for trash food.
Now, the waitress noticed I didn't eat anything. Which is actually a plus point. She also offered an alternative dish. Which is a bad move when you can't get the first right.
There wasn't a 'scene', we didn't cause a fuss. To give the restaurant their due, the price of the krill had been removed without it being requested (not that I would have, I ordered it, my bad).
To me, that says it all. They knew it wasn't worth serving.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Beautiful food reasonably priced great service. We visited this restaurant earlier this week and it was so good we came back two days later . Specialty seafood restaurant that serves all the usual Italian dishes to a very high standard. The also do excellent deserts , pistachio cake was my favourite they do a wonderful semi fredo and a tiramisu . No disappointment a place not to miss. Service efficient and friendly

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

After having some very poor food in our all inclusive hotel we decided to eat out and found this little place. It is decorated beautifully and the food and wine were lovely. Excellent service too!

Reviewed 24 August 2018

Fantastic Pizza, excellent cannelloni ( I think the best i found all week ) friendly service and all at good prices

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Was one of our last nights in Giardini, and we wanted to have a nice last dinner. Stumbled on to the terras of an enoteca, or so we thought, but it turned out it was also part of Pippo Lupo di Mare. The dinner was really good, had melone con prosciutto as antipasto, which was nice. My boyfriend had the lam and I had the tuna steak, both cooked perfectly! Great flavours, had a good bottle of wine with our dinner as well. Also amazing desserts! Service was great, they were very nice to us and I could practice my Italian very well :)