All reviews indoor pool head concierge aveda products fish restaurant great spa lake garda giant trees live guitar player connecting tunnel tiny bathroom chef matteo casual restaurant concierge service five star hotel pricey hotel soaking up the sun short drive
Reviewed 26 July 2016

The room, the views, the spa, the food and the experience transcend through time with us now. It is truly a spectacular place. much quiter than the neighboring more popular Lago di Como, but this gem did not have us missing Como one bit.

There is no point in going into detail about the rooms because they are impeccable as is the rest of the hotel.
Had the best omelette of my life here. One of the few places you can get a high quality raw veggie dish or fresh pressed juice or blended smoothie in Italy. The plentiful outdoor seating areas allow for all guests to enjoy their stay equally.

They allow dogs which is great for us dog lovers! and the property was still up-kept flawlessly. you'd hardly notice the little beasts were there.

Now, if you stay here..go to the spa and stay there as long as possible. it will be worth every magical relaxing moment. My husband has graciously vowed to put his contractor hands to work and build me a similar one.(Thank you honey!)

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2016

We stayed here for a long weekend for my husband's birthday. The hotel is simply beautiful and surrounded by some lovely places to visit.
Staff were impeccable and the a la Carte restaurant in the hotel was simply amazing. We had 2 beautiful meals there and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We visited in may so the weather was a bit unpredictable but it didn't affect our experience. We visited Sirmione which was beautiful and there are boat collections from the nearest village if you wish to explore further. A real gem and one I'd love to visit again.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2016

We had a wonderful 4 nights in this beautiful old world but with modern facilities hotel. Lunch under the magnolia tree, drinks and dinner from the terraces and a great spa area.
The staff were friendly and helpful and even though they have thousands of visitors each year remembered your preferences at meals.
Brilliant views of the lake, and a private jetty to allow boats to pick you and take you for a lake view of the area.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the lake is a must.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

One of the best hotels and spas I have ever been too. All facilities especially the spa were great and the staff and the service was perfect. I booked a manicure and it was the best I have ever had. The food was excellent - the breakfast buffet was well catered from and the hotel had three restaurants to chose from. It is also very conveniently located for the Vittoriale and the pretty town of Salo' - I can't wait to return

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ziggy238
Reviewed 12 July 2016

This truly wonderful hotel has everything anyone could possible want. Romantic views over Italian roof tops and the lake to the mountains beyond. Beautiful terraces with luxury seating overlooking the gardens with immediate access to the lake, wonderful friendly 5 star service whilst at the same time being relaxing and laid back. Impeccable service in all areas, this is a hotel we will return to again and again as it truly is a piece of paradise. I can think of no more romantic place to be. Do pay for a lake view room and room 156 has to have one of the best outlooks. Enjoy!

Room Tip: 156 or 158 for couples
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends