All reviews pool side bikes sea boutique town luggage coast
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

The hotel was Ok, good service - the place covers all the basics at the standard you want from just a hotel (do not expect wow factors there). The buffet breakfast is limited but you can order eggs :) from the kitchen which opens from 9am if I remember well. They have 1* restaurant but I did not have a chance to try out however in late September you can count on the restaurant almost to yourself. Apparently the area is vey busy in summer, the crowds which I do not like so I was lucky to come across this hotel on my Sept/Oct Italian road trip. We got an upgrade to a suite but I think you are OK with just a standard room. It is not a resort :) and we were there for the beach only and needed a good, clean, 1-min walking distance room to take us to the next 10am to 6pm day :) at the beach. Still at that time of the year you get loads of sunshine and long empty stretch of sand. Good spot if you are looking for few days on the beach in the late September sun.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Elenad83, Public Relations Manager at Byron Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to share your thoughts on Tripadvisor. Suggestions from our guests are most valuable in order to improve the quality of our service.

Referring to your experience, we are pleased to know that you were satisfied with the professional service of the staff: our main concern is welcoming the guests and not only meet but exceed the expectation of them.

With regards to our breakfast, I would like to inform you that guests can ask for eggs for the entire breakfast time (7:30am-11am), and not only since 9am. Anyway we are sorry to hear that you didn't appreciate our variety of buffet, since we always receive sincere congratulations about our cakes and croissant.

Referring to the restaurant our staff is always keen to serve our guests, even in late September. I apologyze you had a different feeling.

Altough Forte dei Marmi can apparently seems to be busy in summer (have you ever been in this season? we would be delighted to welcome you in the future), Hotel Byron is well-known to be an intimate villa where guests can find an elegant and refined atmosphere, far from the crowds you might meet in the city centre and in other bigger hotels.

Happy to know that you had the chance to appreciate the September season in Forte dei Marmi, we wish to welcome you again in Versilia.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

The hotel is overprice and with the exception of the reception the staff is generally not friendly and at times bordering rude. This is particularly true of the very famous restaurant La Magnolia.
Overall I would not come back.
The rooms on the second floor have no light/windows and the bathrooms with no shower are absolutely not 5 Stars standard.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Claudio de S
samanta d, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Byron Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for having spent some of your time to leave your precious comment on Tripadvisor. Suggestions from our guests are most valuable in order to improve the quality of our service. Our main concern is welcoming the guests and not only meet but exceed the expectation of them.

Referring to your experience, we are pleased that you were satisfied with the professional service of the staff at the reception.
Anyway we are really sorry to hear about your bad experience with the room and the restaurant. Therefore we would like to give you our comments as follows:

- The room you had was a classic room. We are sorry that you didn’t appreciated it, also because it is the first time we receive a complain about it. We always receive a lot of requets for that room type;
- Regarding to the price, I would like to inform you that from a market analysis done this summer, it is shown that Hotel Byron is the least expensive among five stars hotels in Versilia and it has the best value for money
- We are deeply sorry to know that you had some problems with the staff of La Magnolia, our gastronomic and 1 Michelin star restaurant. We are very surprised because we ususally receive many compliments from our guests for the professionalism and courtesy of our waiters.

Nevertheless, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused during your stay with us. I truly hope you will consider giving us another chance to show the high level of hospitality that we strive for.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Perhaps we had the very worst, still very expensive room in the hotel, but the entire hotel was nothing to write home about. Our room had view of the parking lot, when we went out on the patio we could shake hands with out neighbors. One night there were fireworks and we couldn't see a thing because the patio was covered by an awning so you couldn't see the sky. The hotel was empty and it became very difficult to get a drink by the pool or even in the terrace bar. The hotel is also not on the water so you have to go across the street and pay an additional amount for a beach club. Next time we will go closer to the water and the action.

Room Tip: don't stay in a ground floor room they are dungeons
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
samanta d, Direttore at Byron Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2016

Dear Guest,

I'm deeply sorry that your stay at Byron Hotel didn't met your expectation.
Our main concern is taking care of all guests' needs and certainly making sure their stay will be unforgettable.

Our boutique hotel has the distinction of having different rooms both in style of furniture that in size and view. Therefore our staff usually explains the characteristics of each available room in order to allow guests to choose the best room for their needs.

On the other hand, I beg to inform you that in Forte dei Marmi you won't be able to find a hotel right on the sea, but hotels which are overlooking the waterfront, just like ours.

Finally, I really hope that you will give us another chance in the future to check and appreciate our services.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed 21 September 2015

There is a feeling of coming home to your own Italian villa after a good days bike - reason why I chose Byron between the other 2 "grander" luxury properties. And I have to mention the lovely scent upon entering the small lobby. The property has maintained the feeling of being in an authentic Tuscan villa with well manicured gardens. It has modern shabby-chic renovated rooms and I loved the extra large bed and of course the carrara marble decked bathrooms. Front desk staff were very helpful with recommending us really good restaurants.

I really do not have a problem having breakfast on the foyer of the front courtyard of the hotel where there could be traffic noise but I think it the tables by the pool could be a lovelier option. Likewise, I do believe that the breakfast staff could be more attentive given the fact that there are not that much guests to attend to. (I had to stand up and look for service staff several times during our stay). AND, for the price that we had to pay, I would have expected at least a bottle of free water a day, a "luxury" which I believe should be a standard. Oh, the really annoying wi-fi where we had to log-in every time the gadget gets to standby mode.
Overall, Byron is a beautiful property with authentic Italian charm. Just needs to take care of the little details here and there and its perfect!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

Still a lovely hotel but has lost it's former luster. Needs updating. Restaurant was very very expensive and very empty as was the hotel. No spa or gym. No longer chic. Very pleasant staff
but old fashioned. Great location in a town we love. We were allowed to use the gym and spa in a new very chic hotel across the street.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple