See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 July 2016

We were greeted by Pietro on arrival and he couldn't have been more helpfull. In the evening Romolu took great care to make our time a special one and I can not stress enough the warmth of all the staff in the hotel.
The cleanliness in the hotel is exceptional and the food of a much higher standard than in England.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2015

Hotel rooms quaint as is hotel, but this should not distract from its value or comfort. Rooms are pleasant with air conditioning and shutters which keep them very cool.
Breakfast adequate but dinner was exceptional value at 25 Euros a head for four courses. Superb wine list.
Owner was very professional but also very relaxed which only added to the experience.
Enjoyed Forte Dei Marmi especially using bicycles to get around which everybody did.
Hired bikes through hotel a 5 Euros a day, again good value.
Would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 33lunch
hotelkyrton, Responsabile reception at Hotel Kyrton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for the best value , hope to see you for the next holiday in Italy

Best Regards

Romolo

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is a very well furnished hotel and the bedrooms are impressive for a *** hotel. It has a pool, lovely garden, is situated in a tree lined avenue within walking distance of the beach at Forte Di Marmi, near Lucca and Pisa. A very upmarket resort with top end designer shops and restaurants.
The hosts had not catered for English guests and assumed that we wanted English food, rather than Italian which was a great shame because when we resolved the language issue and they got the message! the food improved. No one spoke English and only I spoke Italian. I would stay there again but it is obviously geared up for Italian and German visitors because all the safety notices were in those languages which was a huge Health and Safety issue particularly when we had two violent thunder storms which could have caused damage. There was little conversation from the owner and his staff and because we were the last visitors before they closed for the season, I did feel that we were a nuisance sometimes. Not nice.

Room Tip: Some rooms had baths only or showers only, few had both so when booking please make sure you have what you need. There were lifts to all floors. One room was in the Garrett with access only by lift. Health and Safety issue here. Some single rooms were small but most rooms had balconies but not much of a view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Boadicia
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Having read other reviews from Brits, I was concerned! Especially as I was travelling on a coach tour .However, I must have been in an other hotel as I found breakfast service perfectly acceptable, trays replenished frequently, waiters friendly and helpful, dinner plentiful, if a little unimaginative. Room was clean and comfortable. We hired bikes from the hotel - 5 euros per bike all day - what value! The only downside, in my opinion, was the distance from the centre of town and the cafes and restaurants. I would go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: First floor room near the stairs, good sized balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mango676
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a week in this hotel as part of a package organised by Mistral holidays and we would definitely not recommend this hotel as regards its food or service. The breakfast was a disaster from start to finish. There was no fresh orange juice or fruit. Any juice that we could get was well watered down and as for croissants,it was a joke. We were asked to be down for breakfast at 7.30am which was fine as we were going on tours most days. When I asked for croissants I was told they were not for our group but for the private guests only.I asked every day and was lucky to get one on a couple of the days when we had no tour and therefore a later breakfast when they couldn't keep the food separate. The service was so slow that we had finished eating bread and ham and cheese before we got coffee or tea and it wasn't served with a smile or a good morning.
Now we come to dinner. There was the salad bar first which was ok. We had to choose our starter and main meal the night before but there was really no choice. We were given a piece of paper that read for starters: soup or pasta(one night with a tomato sauce the next night with a meat sauce). The main meal choice was for example fish with wine sauce or meat with milk sauce. The only thing that changed each night was the sauce. I tried to ascertain what the meat was for each day but mostly they were unable to tell me. I think it was mostly pork but each meal looked the same as the previous one. There was potato served in some form but in a very small quantity-one night it was curly fries. No vegetables however. Dessert was some type of cake mostly and no tea or coffee. I had to return food that was cold and one of my friends returned her fish that was uncooked. Never an apology,the waiter just took it and came back few minutes later with a new meal. The service at dinner was extra fast because as soon as one of us had finished a course,the waiter would pounce to take the plate and bring the next dish even though our friends at the same table had not yet finished. The reason for this was they wanted rid of us to concentrate on the private guests as their food was of a much higher standard. No fresh Italian home cooked food here. The only good food I got the entire holiday was what I bought myself at lunch when we were out. We were both glad to return home and get a decent serving of food

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends