1,012 results
All reviews great location panoramic room room was clean hotel is ideally located on foot hotel garage pastries minutes walking great breakfast train station the hotel offers rooms are big front desk staff nice bathroom old city the heart of the city breakfast buffet is
Reviewed 15 March 2018

An excellent hotel, quiet and yet in the historical center of town. Excellent breakfast, clean large rooms and nice bathrooms. The internet connection is good, but a bit more clumsy to get into than in the past. It is a pity that they do not provide kleenex tissue.

Room Tip: It would be useful if could put some kleenex tissue in the bathroom.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Paolo C, Direttore at Hotel Carlton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Dear Mr Sagnotti,
thank you so much for your review about us.
See you next time
Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Hotel is conveniently placed on one of the busy streets in Ferrara, close to the Ferrara Bus&Fly stop. Welcoming staff and a clean and smart reception greet you and there are lifts to all floors. The rooms are big and airy with ensure and plenty of wardrobe space. There is a well stocked minibar although the prices are a little steep! Although no food is served during the day the breakfast is first class; loads of meat, cheese, pastries and fruit, accompanied by juice and hot drinks...perfect start to the day! All in all a nice place to stay during your stay in Ferrara.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
EVVIVAFERRARA, Direttore at Hotel Carlton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Thank you so much Nick for your beautiful review about us.
Thank you for chosen Ferrara and our hotel!
Kind Regards from Italy.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I know all rooms in Europe are small but I was counting on the service to be up to snuff...well, it is not!!

My bedding (sheets and pillow covers) was not changed during the entire stay (4nights). I know because I marked with a pen on the bedding small little identifying marks and they were there for the entire stay.

They put two small bottles of shampoo in the room during the entire stay. They put the near empty bottle back on the counter. That's right!

Parking was a complete clustermuck. I had to get someone from the front desk to walk across the street to the garage and then I had to then drive onto a lift. Then I had to drive the car into a 12 space parking level. It was like driving a car in a living room.

And checkout took about as long as getting a driver's license at the US DMV.

Other than that, it is adequate.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
EVVIVAFERRARA, Direttore at Hotel Carlton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear jacklD5839DS we are a 3 stars hotel and is for that reason that we change the linen every 4 nights if you stay 3 nights, like in your case (you stayed 3 night in our hotel and not 4 nights!). If you stay 4 nights we change the linen on the second day.
I'm sorry, probably you should go to 4 stars hotel and spend more money.....
Regards

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Stayed here with a last minute booking because we couldn't find our B&B in Tuscany. The desk staff was great and got us checked in and in our room in minutes.
The room was a little small but with a last minute booking I was just glad it wasn't a broom closet. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was HUGE. Easily 1/2 the size of the room. Everything was clean and modern.
Breakfast was quite large and very fresh.
Location is just perfect. Right in the center of Ferrara with a couple of restaurant picks within feet of the entrance.
Pricing is moderate but extremely reasonable, especially under the circumstances.
We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 777jeannem

Dear 777jeannem,
thank you very much for telling your beautiful experience in Ferrara.
See you for your next trip...
Kind Regards

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel has everything I look for in a hotel! Clean, modern, central, and a good breakfast!

Front desk staff is exceedingly nice and professional. Bell staff the same; professional and efficient people work here!

The rooms are functional, clean and offer wonderful views of the city. Super charming!!!!!

I absolutely loved the photographs of Ferrara adorning the lobby; I love it when hotel chains tweak their look to acomodate local flavour.

The parking garage is very close by and convenient. And if that wasn't enough, there are two wonderful eateries just across the street.

There is just nothing I could suggest for improvement, I loved this place!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Grazie Alla-Rustica,
for your review about us.
Every day we try to do our better for our guests and when this happen we are very happy.
The best Regards.