All reviews rome airport one night pre cruise cruise ship average size family run hotel return transfer free shuttle lovely family run small hotel located boutique style hotel tiramisu friendly hotel downtown area next morning rooms are small recommend this hotel
Reviewed 14 December 2017

Having been to Rome on a number of occasions, this time I headed straight for Civitavechia before joining my cruise. Having already blown the budget on said cruise a five star hotel was not in the cards. Instead I booked at the Borgo because of it's promise of a free shuttle to the port. A perfect choice for me as it turned out. My double room was more than adequate but had I been a "couple" a bit of a tight squeeze, not unusual for most older European hotels. Being on the ground floor it had a small patio which would have been improved by a chair but that was my only complaint. The family run hotel was friendly and helpful with a free shuttle service into Civitavechia on request and an excellent restaurant which provided two delightful dinners during my stay. Breakfast was European style, with lots of different breads, sweet pastries and fresh fruit, although there were scrambled eggs and ham provided for the Americans. Taxis are few and far between in Civitavechia so be aware that the thirty minute walk back to the hotel, is along a sometimes very busy and narrow road.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank mexicanmama65
Reviewed 5 December 2017

This hotel is away from the city center, in what seems like a quiet residential area. While the rooms are a bit dated, there's a homey feel to the place. It may be the staff, who I think are all family members. They are warm, welcoming and very helpful. I fell while I was staying there, and they did all they could to help me with my injuries.
The restaurant was lovely; however, we seemed to have a language barrier and the waitress brought me a meal I hadn't ordered and did not like. Rather than cause a fuss, I tried to eat some of it. When the owner collected my plate, he seemed offended that I hadn't made a dent in my meal. I explained that it wasn't what I ordered. He flew into the kitchen and quickly delivered fresh tortellini that was delicious.
The best thing is their van service which will take you right to the ship. They work very hard to make your stay as good as it can be. Pre or post-cruise, Borgo del Mare is a fine choice.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a water-view.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan D
Reviewed 16 November 2017

Reminds us of coastal hotels in south Florida during the 60's. Loved it. The room was lovely, but the friendly atmosphere throughout our overnight stay was delightful. We enjoyed an afternoon beverage on the outdoor patio, a fantastic breakfast, and convenient free shuttle directly to the port. Certainly stress-free. There is an on-site restaurant where we had a charming, informal, relaxed dinner with great service and prices while chatting with other cruisers. We would not hesitate to stay here again whether cruising or not.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank R6554EAstephaniem
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Will stay here again. The staff could not be friendlier or more helpful. Alexandria checked us in with a big smile. Had dinner there, was great. Waitress was wonderful. Next day we dropped our rental car off and Alexandra arranged for Alexandria for us to be picked up and dropped off at the ship. Great Continental breakfast. Highest recommendations for this hotel. Thank you much for making our stay one of the best pre cruise experiences ever.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mcojmo2
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

We booked this from Australia because it offers plenty of options if you're taking a cruise from Civittacchia.
We organised a pickup from Fuiminicio Airport they were on time and the ride to the hotel pleasant, the rooms are very clean and tidy being with all European hotels of average size.
We ate in the restaurant, the food is very good quality home cook meals , staff are hard working and helpful .
They do drop off to your cruise ship this is a big bonus.
The town is 2.5klm away we used a couple of there bikes to get there they could use a bit of maintenance, but adequate for our purpose, this was a lot of fun

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple