All reviewsrome airportone nightpre cruisecruise shipaverage sizefamily run hotelreturn transferfree shuttlelovely family runsmall hotel locatedboutique style hoteltiramisufriendly hoteldowntown areanext morningrooms are smallrecommend this hotel
Reviewed 5 December 2017

This hotel is away from the city center, in what seems like a quiet residential area. While the rooms are a bit dated, there's a homey feel to the place. It may be the staff, who I think are all family members. They are warm, welcoming and very helpful. I fell while I was staying there, and they did all they could to help me with my injuries.
The restaurant was lovely; however, we seemed to have a language barrier and the waitress brought me a meal I hadn't ordered and did not like. Rather than cause a fuss, I tried to eat some of it. When the owner collected my plate, he seemed offended that I hadn't made a dent in my meal. I explained that it wasn't what I ordered. He flew into the kitchen and quickly delivered fresh tortellini that was delicious.
The best thing is their van service which will take you right to the ship. They work very hard to make your stay as good as it can be. Pre or post-cruise, Borgo del Mare is a fine choice.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a water-view.
1  Thank Susan D
Reviewed 16 November 2017

Reminds us of coastal hotels in south Florida during the 60's. Loved it. The room was lovely, but the friendly atmosphere throughout our overnight stay was delightful. We enjoyed an afternoon beverage on the outdoor patio, a fantastic breakfast, and convenient free shuttle directly to the port. Certainly stress-free. There is an on-site restaurant where we had a charming, informal, relaxed dinner with great service and prices while chatting with other cruisers. We would not hesitate to stay here again whether cruising or not.

2  Thank R6554EAstephaniem
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Will stay here again. The staff could not be friendlier or more helpful. Alexandria checked us in with a big smile. Had dinner there, was great. Waitress was wonderful. Next day we dropped our rental car off and Alexandra arranged for Alexandria for us to be picked up and dropped off at the ship. Great Continental breakfast. Highest recommendations for this hotel. Thank you much for making our stay one of the best pre cruise experiences ever.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mcojmo2
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

We booked this from Australia because it offers plenty of options if you're taking a cruise from Civittacchia.
We organised a pickup from Fuiminicio Airport they were on time and the ride to the hotel pleasant, the rooms are very clean and tidy being with all European hotels of average size.
We ate in the restaurant, the food is very good quality home cook meals , staff are hard working and helpful .
They do drop off to your cruise ship this is a big bonus.
The town is 2.5klm away we used a couple of there bikes to get there they could use a bit of maintenance, but adequate for our purpose, this was a lot of fun

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rodney B
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Nice family owned boutique style hotel. Hotel offers a free shuttle that takes you all the way to your cruise terminal. It is a healthy 15 minute walk (or cab ride) to downtown Civitavecchia if you have some time to spare and enjoy the lovely boardwalk and restaurants and bars in the area. It is also about 10 min walk from the train station so a cab would be recommended if arriving that way. Hotel offers shuttle pickup from the airport as well for an extra charge. There is a wood fired oven pizzaria 2 blocks to the right and an oceanview restaurant 2 blocks to the left of the hotel as well as a coffee/bar on their same corner that are easy walks. The hotel itself has a lovely breakfast in the mornings and offers dinner and drinks at night. About my only complaint is that the pillows could use replacing as they were very old/worn/hard.

Room Tip: Some rooms do offer a partial ocean view
2  Thank Villette N