“A Lovely Oasis. . .”

Review of Casa Bianca

Approach by footpath with wisteria pergola (grape vine in summer) mimosa and early Spring flowers
the footpath and garden terrace with grape pergola kitchen french doors to picnic table by willow and orange, bedroom terrace above
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
the footpath and garden terrace with grape pergola
kitchen door and terrace above
the vine pergolain summer for al fresco dining
our house and vinyards from Casa Bianca come visit for a tasting
private football field with gorgeous views for games for everyone: part of our private estate
Casa Bianca nestling in the olive grove, early Spring: but only 10mins from historic city centre
sitting room with log fire, cool in summer and cosy in winter, wi-fi, skyTV, central heating, dining
The dining room and staircase, bathroom, kitchen, bedroom adjoining
from bright airy eat-in kitchen through arch to sitting room, dining area, stairs up to bedrooms
spacious and charming, doors to picnic table and arch to sitting room (separate modern laundry)
great views from twin bedroom (another double bedroom with en suite bathroom downstairs)
Chiavari's daily market in medieval square
Chiavari promenade with Portofino in the background
1 of Chiavari's beautiful squares
Portofino
estate produced wine and olive oil free for our guests
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Teri P
Los Angeles, California
“A Lovely Oasis. . .”
Reviewed 25 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed my time at Casa Bianca. It is the ideal setting. . .in a peaceful area where you can enjoy the birds and church bells, but a mere 15 minute walk to the lovely town of Chiavari, and five minutes more to the train station where you can go anywhere you'd like. My favorite was the outdoor patio. I enjoyed both my morning coffee and my afternoon wine out there. Amazing views.

Upstairs you'll find three bedrooms and two baths (one more bedroom and bath downstairs. . .a private suite!). Spacious and comfortable. The downstairs is just lovely. I loved the openness and the wonderful windows. Lovely light. Comfortable. The town has a wonderful market, and I loved going down and buying whatever, then coming home and cooking something amazing. (I'm not the best cook, but in Italy, everything tastes better!) The restaurants in town are also great. And great shopping. I have to admit, Chiavari was nicer than I expected. Lovely little town. Friendly people.

Jennifer was out of town while I was here, but Mauro was welcoming and very helpful. I appreciated the introduction to the area and the warm hospitality. I will miss this lovely home and hope to return. Highly recommend.

Management Response
26 Nov 2017
sorry I missed you but Mauro told me you were enjoying Casa Bianca and Chiavari, and we thank you for taking time to post such a lovely review.
AlexTalma...
Biel, Switzerland
“just wonderful”
Reviewed 17 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

We have spent the most wonderful time at Casa Bianca. The house is surrounded by hundreds of old, beautiful olive trees, wild bamboo, beautiful flowers, a veggie garden here and there. In the evening fire-flies were around the house and made every evening magical.
The house is spacious, very nicely renovated and you find everything you could wish for. Jennifer and Mauro, the generous owners offered us homemade olive oil as well as wine and jam.
Chiavari is a very nice Italian town in the Golfo del Tigullio and you will find nice specialty shops, vegetable markets, car-free streets with arcades, many, many great restaurants, the typical ligurian architecture and nice people.
We can fully recommend this place. Grazie Jennifer, grazie Mauro

Simon N
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Perfect base on the Italian Riviera”
Reviewed 5 March 2015 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

We've visited Casa Bianca several times with kids, family, and friends and every visit has been a success. Even a cold, rainy week can be a bliss at this delightful place. The owners are wonderful people and Chiavari - just a short walk away - is a true gem with a superb daily market and restaurants to match. We've just booked our sixth visit - that's how good it is.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
KaraSF45
San Francisco, California
“Heavenly retreat...just a pleasant walk from charming old town”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We just returned from 2.5 wks at Casa Bianca:)! It was wonderful! Nestled among the olive trees you could hear nothing but church bells and crickets:)
A beautiful 15 minute walk along an ancient path takes you directly into old town where you find markets of all kinds depending on the day: Fruit and Vegetable, Antique, Misc Friday Market... Great shopping, Cafes, and Restaurants! We found 3 great children's parks. One of which had a rope course with zip line:) The beach supplied endless entertainment as well!
Very close to Portofino (my fav:)) and Cinque Terre.
The house was spotless and very nicely decorated:)! I never saw a spider either! (Insects have been a problem in previous rentals...but not this one!)
The owner is very personable and helpful!
We would rent Casa Bianca again in a heart beat!
Highly recommend!
KARA

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cleanliness, decor, views, access to town
Liked least: Once inside the gate, the driveway was steep and narrow. We chose to park at the gate and walk down. The path is beautiful and well lit, but would be tough for someone in a wheelchair.
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
Marge D
“Trip of a lifetime”
Reviewed 21 November 2013 for a stay in September 2012

My daughter gave me this trip to Italy, we loved the villa. The owners made us feel so welcome, even gave us complimentary wine, olive oil, wine vinegar, lovely touch. Everything was so clean and the kitchen well equipped. This villa is on a hillside in a grove of beautiful olive trees. We loved the church on the hill and the tolling steeple bells and the crowing rooster, it was what I had thought Italy might be like. I loved the feeling of not being in a tourist location, just interacting with the people, so many strangers were so kind and warm to us. We loved the open air market with all of the delectable fruits and vegetables, not to mention the mushrooms and cheeses, a wonderful experience. A lovely place to stay, the only draw back was the very steep driveway. As long as I live I will remember Casa Bianca with a feeling of home away from home with many thanks to my daughter for this most priceless gift.

feel so welcome

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and views.
Liked least: The driveway
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing