“Great food and ambience”
Review of La Fortezza

La Fortezza
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: In un ambiente giovane ed elegante sapientemente ristrutturato riprende vita il Ristorante La Fortezza.La pasta ed i dolci sono fatti in casa come una volta, prediligiamo la stagionalità dei nostri prodotti locali e crediamo nella loro bontà.Per questo vi offriamo una cucina che affonda le proprie radici, o meglio le proprie mani, in una tradizione di una terra che ancora è forte dei propri valori e sapori.
Reviewed 11 August 2018

The food was amazing, fresh seafood, as well as other delicacies from Tuscany, certainly worth visiting, but do make sure to reserve a table as it gets quite busy.

LaFortezzaCdP, Responsabile reception at La Fortezza, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Thanks. I hope to see you another time

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

La Fortezza up in the fortress over Castiglione della Pescaia offers a nice atmosphere with arched ceilings, rustic furniture and energetic, funny and service minded personnel. Thomas and his team will make you feel comfortable. This is our fifth year in a row we visit Castiglione and La Fortezza has improved every year. I had the recommended Tuna filet with “baked” onion and it is highly recommendable. A delicious meal with a lot of food. The Heba wine we had with it was also very good. Book a table., Go and enjoy. Informal and nice.

Thank you so much. I hope to see you again

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

We celebrated my husband birthday here and we were all very impressed with the service. The restaurant arranged for a gf cake and also they got a separate gf menu which includes almost everything from the main menu, including frittura di pesce.
Food is really good and the location is lovely. I would recommend to eat inside during the hot season as there isn’t much breeze while sitting outside.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

We came here for dinner twice in 6 days. Both times it was an amazing experience. We had seafood for dinner, the staff was super friendly, the service was excellent, Thomas the host was helpful and fun. I will definitely be back next year and I would absolutely recommend it. BRAVI!

LaFortezzaCdP, Responsabile reception at La Fortezza, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Thank you so much. I hope to see you again

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Fortezza is in the walled town of Castiglione in an old building. I prefer sitting inside in the gorgeous vaulted room.

The cuisine is local. I had the mixed seafood starter (good) and the seafood tortelli (outstanding -- the waiter said his mamma made them).

The staff is superfriendly, especially to children.

We had two courses each and a bottle of wine, and the bill was 30 euros per person.

I highly recommend it. It's my favorite place in town.

Thank you so much. I hope to see you another time