The good- nice and willing receptionist, reasonably stacked breakfast buffet. Convenient parking.
The bad- the twin room was literally the same size as its bathroom. The only instance of not-so-delicious house wine in a jar ever encountered in the history of Italy (and I was able to detect that after two bottles elsewhere). Not so great value.
Okay for an overnight stay, but I would look elsewhere for anything beyond that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Centrale is a completely refurbished three star property built in 1906; a turn of the century villa located in the picturesque setting of Cernobbio on Lake Como 50 meters from the lake front. The hotel features 33 modern rooms equipped with free wifi, air-conditioning, central heating, direct dial telephone, private bathroom, satellite TV, minibar, safe, hairdryer, and bathroom amenities. 22 Classic Rooms are located in the two storey 19th century villa and 11 new Deluxe Rooms are situated in the newly restored wing, originally featuring one of the oldest travel inns in the centre of Cernobbio. Hotel services include, a large complimentary onsite car park, bar, meeting space up to 60 seats, 24 hour reception. Hotel Centrale is located 10 minutes from the A9 “Como Lago” highway exit, 40 minutes from Milan Malpensa Airport and 5 minutes from the Swiss border. Nearby legendary villas such as Villa d' Este and Villa Erba to name a few are at a few minutes walking distance. The hotel is an ideal stop over when visiting the area’s beautiful landmarks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Centrale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Centrale Cernobbio
- Hotel Centrale Cernobbio, Lake Como, Italy