I have been very fortunate the stay at Villa d'Este more times than I can count over the last 30 years and realised I have never written a review for TripAdvisor. The last visit was June 2011. This must surely be one of the few great hotels in the world where the standard has remained highly consistent, where there seems no apparent cost cutting, and where the staff remain the same year after year (and get older with me!). The hotel provides a complete experience which started in the 1870s and continues in its modern version to provide every comfort in a grand yet relaxed style.
The ambiance is unsurpassed created by exceptional service, every modern convenience, rooms filled with fresh flowers and antiques, pools, restaurants, gardens, and a few shops. But what shines above all this is the atmosphere that has been created - it is totally relaxing whether you are in your casuals or in your latest designer clothes from Milan. For a hotel of this calibre the treats are more intangible - like sitting on the terrace overlooking the lake as it changes colour at twilight sipping a cocktail - or sitting under one of the many gracious trees reading a favourite book, or swimming in the pools - the outdoor one on a pontoon floating on the lake, or just enjoying the aroma of the climbing jasmine etc etc.
Did I mention the pure linen sheets? (changed daily). This is a luxury rarely found these days but remains part of the tradition of Villa d'Este - as does the exceptional standard of dress of hotel staff at every level.
Yes, the breakfast and coffee exceptional. Yes, the service in the restaurants exceptional. Yes, the attention to detail exceptional. And the personal service provided by the General Manager, and Giovanna Salvadore and Annamaria Duvia of the PR Department unbelievably helpful. It is this personal attention to detail that puts Villa d'Este above the rest of the luxury European hotels. And each visit is something special. Treat yourself!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the splendor, the grandeur, the intrigue and the magic of Villa d'Este- an opulent hotel overlooking glorious Lake Como. Hailed as one of the best hotels in the world by Travel & Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler and Forbes Traveler, this famous resort destination has been widely praised for its beautiful gardens, exquisite cuisine, gala celebrations, impeccable décor and extraordinary hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa d'Este reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa d`Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Hotel d Este
- d Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Villa Deste Lake Como
- Villa D'Este Cernobbio, Lake Como, Italy