All reviewsstunning hotelcomplimentary upgradewine tastingexquisite fooddance floordeluxe roomolive oil productionstylish roomsdetail orientedmoment you arrivestayed here for nightsmagical placefamily homeprivate terracenice roomtuscan countrysideour honeymoon
Reviewed 1 September 2017

My girlfriend and I visited Tuscany in August and stayed here for 3 nights. It was honestly one of the nicest places I have ever stayed. Everything from the friendliness of Francesco when we arrived, to the beautiful rooms, to the stunning sunset when dining on the terrace of the property. Add to this the scenery when you are walking anywhere around the property, and it really just is an amazing place.
The property also has it's own vineyard which produces great wines, both red and white, which was lovely to have and also learn about. The food was also delicious in most cases.
I would highly, highly recommend this accommodation to anyone visiting Tuscany, and I would love to return!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
borgianni, Responsabile reception at Castello La Leccia, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear Stu R,
all the team of Castello La Leccia wish to express his gratitude for your kind words and compliments! We are very glad that you enjoyed every moment of your stay with us, especially the atmosphere of your dinner on the terrace and all the external areas!
Thank you for sharing also a comment on the production of organic red and white wines! The tour of the cellar followed by wine and olive oil tasting gives our guests the possibility to get to know each other while learning at the same time something about the wine and oil making process!
We sincerely hope that you will come back, so that you may taste a glass of wine of the last vintage while seated in the gardens at sunset!
Kind regards,
Alice, Gemma, Costanza & all the team of Castello La Leccia!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Perfect in all aspects! It can't be any better in terms of location, food, service, atmosphere, staff... La Leccia and it's team deserves a 6 star rating...
And the pool is even bigger that it looks on the pictures! ;o)

Room Tip: You can't fail!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank STHARA
laleccia, Proprietario at Castello La Leccia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Sthara,

few lines, few words but of a great meaning for us. I prefer that you may be surprised because La Leccia is better than the pictures on the website, even though most of them are taken from my guests!!

Thank You!

Francesco and Castello La Leccia Team

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

My partner and I travelled to Tuscany to attend a friend's birthday party close to Siena and I remember desperately searching for a place close to the event venue and although there were closer options I ended up choosing Castello la Leccia and what a rewarding choice it was! A real Tuscan dream come true, set on a picturesque hill just outside Castellina, overlooking the most beautiful nature landscape.
Also, the actual hotel building itself is such a treat for all the senses - old and not only beautifully preserved but stylishly renovated with great attention to detail.
Our room was stylish, well designed and clean.
Although I didn't have the chance I loved the idea of learning about their own olive oil production which happens on site in one of the small houses. The pool is wonderful and very well placed, couldn't imagine a better way of waking up to the Tuscan surrounding beauty than a morning swim followed by a delicious breakfast served on the garden terrace.
Last but not least - what a great staff, feels very much like a family taking care of your every need. Thank you to the wonderful Alice and her team, we hope to be back very soon!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
laleccia, Responsabile reception at Castello La Leccia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Christiana,

what a nice review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
I am glad that you have felt comfortable with us, I am so happy to read your comment. You should come back because you have missed our tasting and tour of the cellar so that you may complete your experience with us.

Alice and Castello La Leccia Team

Reviewed 18 August 2017

we stayed here in May for three nights.
The setting is wonderful, just so Italian, sitting outside with a glass of wine, taking in the view and the atmosphere. A large lounge area to sit around in to relax and talk with fellow travelers.
Honour system with the bar, but well stocked. Great trekking near bye, as are the walled cities.
Only issue, the walls are thin, so be careful what you say, your neighbours may hear.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank terence w
laleccia, Proprietario at Castello La Leccia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Terence,

thank you for your review and for having shared your experience with us. I just would like to know the room you were staying, since I have paid a lot of attention to the soundproofing, the wall are not exactly so thin since the building is an ancient castle dating back to the 11th century. Please be so kind to inform us to our email so that we may take appropriate action.
I look forward to seeing you again and try other rooms.

Francesco and the Team of Castello La Leccia

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We spent two nights at Castello la Leccia as part of an anniversary vacation. The hotel complex is on top of a hill with an amazing view of the surrounding Tuscan countryside. The owner gave an interesting and informative tour of his winery, with a free tasting. Very good chianti he is obviously proud of. Food was delicious. Got good information about local places to visit. On departing discovered that they had discounted our dinner because of an error in the menu. Totally unnecessary, but shows how hard they are working to do the right thing and run a trustworthy establishment. Wonderful experience, highly recommend if you are visiting Chianti region.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
laleccia, Proprietario at Castello La Leccia, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Jill,

I really appreciate your review, thank you for all your compliments. All my Team is working really hard as such I feel very gratified reading your comments. We like to introduce our guests to the beauty of our land, we want that they may have the chance to visit villages, wineries and other restaurants to fully enjoy their trip. It was a pleasure to meet you and I am glad that you have appreciate the visit of my cellar
I look forward to seeing you back here, not only for the anniversary!

All the Best