New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Tasty gelato but I've had better!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Antica Delizia - CLOSED

Antica Delizia
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Drinks, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Sao Paulo, SP
“Tasty gelato but I've had better!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

During our visit to the Chianti vineyards, we stopped at a little village and our guide told us not to miss this ice cream shop that is Tuscany's best. There's a beautiful ice cream display with interesting flavors and pops and I tasted the fig with ricotta and the vanilla flavors. Although I enjoyed my ice cream, I wasn't blown away. I had a better ice cream at another world famous Gelateria di Piazza in San Gimignano that featured more exquisite flavors such as the vinsanto and raspberry with rosemary. The gelato here is good but not wow!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Boise, Idaho
“Best gelato in Tuscany?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

We loved it. our group of six sampled many flavors and found them all to be outstanding. I really enjoyed their own Antica Delizia flavor. I look forward to returning. FYI - no public restroom.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank lynette_cypress
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Excellent ice cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

Went three times in one week. Drove 20 mins each time just to get there. The ice cream was delicious. Apart from the standard choices they made different variety every other day (raspberry and rosemary for example). The staff were friendly and helpful and the cost compared to Gelateria in other parts of Italy was very reasonable. Personally this was our favourite Gelateria of our two week holiday.

• Visited September 2011
Konigstein im Taunus, Germany
“Still good, but no excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

After extensive research we used to think that Antica Delizia was the best icecream parlor in Italy. This year we found - like other customers - that they somehow changed their formula. The icecream is still good, but no longer outstanding. In earlier years we used to drive an extra hour just to get some icecream there. There is no reason to do this anymore. And: they raised their prices as well.

• Visited August 2011
London
“Was the best, but now? Something is missing...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2011

My kids and I love this place. I fancy myself as a bit of a gelato expert, and the icecream here was the best. But I've just been again (I've been coming here many years) and something's wrong. Prices have rocketed and there's no doubt about it in my mind, they are using cheaper ingredients. Less creamy, less aromatic, less fruity. Still pretty good, but not worthy of its own previously high standards. What a shame...

• Visited June 2011