See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 June 2017

I made several attempts to book a room with my AMEX. The merchant insisted on a bank transfer. I never received confirmation for a stay. Upon arrival in Tuscany I stopped by the hotel in inquire if there was availability. They said yes and gave me a key, no documentation whatsoever. This is a "Bicycle Hotel" and I asked to see the bicycle room. There were no bicycles or helmets in the "bicycle room," it was a dump. I returned to the front desk and asked the attendant if they had any helmets. He replied "no." I returned the key to him and advised "I can't stay here." My "visit" lasted 3 minutes but now they want to charge my AMEX.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed at Zi Martino for a few days recently. It was the most expensive and dirtiest hotel we have stayed at in Italy. The room was very small, which was unexpected given that we were paying upwards of €160 a night. The room was dirty and the bed was very uncomfortable. Breakfast was even worse - the same mouldy fruit was brought out each morning.

Wifi was not included in the price either.

The one good thing was the pool, which was big enough to splash about it.

We went to another Tuscan hotel afterwards, which was much prettier, lovely room and great restaurant/pool - and it cost far less!

Zi Martino looks and behaves like a really bad US motel.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Sara S
Reviewed 3 September 2015 via mobile

I stayed in Zi Martino for a weekend and it was absolutely a great visit.
The rooms are cosy and well decorated, the staff is very friendly and welcoming. The pool area is amazing surrounded by olive trees.
One remark is the missing wifi connection in the rooms as it is now only available around the entrance.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2015 via mobile

For this category it's a very nice place to stay. Rooms are clean and big enough. Great pool where to swim and relax. The staff and the owner are very nice and welcoming people.

The restaurant is also very good with Italian and regional specialties and the wine card is just amazing. Don't hesitate to stop by.

Was good to stay so good that I'm going back very soon.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2015 via mobile

A typical Tuscan meal. Quality and good portions. Definitely worth a visit . Prices sensible.
On the hills so nice setting

In this zone prices like this are hard to find
Lovely pasta lovely fried rabbit and chicken
Lovely family atmosphere all made welcome

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family