All reviewsno liftcakesfree bikesthe air conditioningbus stop outsidegreat maid servicelast minute breakminute walksister hotelevery morningyogurtlovely weekstar hotelmaid service every daybed and breakfastlovely walklake garda
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a week. Great maid service and reasonably sized room. Very friendly staff and amazing breakfast each morning. The bus service outside the hotel was very useful for making our way to Verona and other towns around the lake. Would definitely return/recommend!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Stayed at Hotel Bardolino for 1 week, we got a great deal and could not of wished for anything more for the price we paid. The staff are lovely, helpful and hardworking people. Our room was a bit on the dark side colour scheme wise (others in our party had bigger and brighter rooms, just pot luck on the day) but very clean and there is a maid service every day. The breakfast choice was really good from drinks, cereals, fruit, yogurts, breads, cheese, meat and even homemade cakes which were lovely. There are bus stops right outside the hotel which take you along the lake and also out to Verona which was a bargain at just under 5 euros.
We would definitely go back to this hotel as the area of Bardolino was one of our favourite places and the locals are very friendly. Great stay and price.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies and also one to the rear would be quieter from road.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for the forth time .. and once again had a great time ... lovely staff ... great maid service... fab breakfasts .. and free bikes what more could you ask for! ... we will be back !
Martin lilley

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Latinmarty
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Saw a last minute break in Bardolino at a bargain price recently based at this small family run hotel on the outskirts of town. Initially a little worried by its 2 star rating, we booked anyway. What a great decision. The hotel is small and quirky - lots of character from the moment you enter, has moderate but immaculately clean en-suite rooms with comfortable beds and air conditioning, the friendliest staff I have encountered anywhere in Europe, includes a fantastically good continental breakfast in the price, and is only 5 minutes from the lakeside and a very pleasant 5 minute promenade along the lake into the centre of the small and lively town of Bardelino. I would return to this hotel without reservation. Enjoyed every minute of my stay there.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the rear of the hotel away from the main road and the mid-day sun.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Banditronnie
Reviewed 26 June 2017

This review should have read, "Excellent value for money" if it had not been for the extraordinary practice of the hotel to switch off the air conditioning when most needed.

I was told that it was switched off between 6 and 9 pm (no reason given) although those times were not consistent. We were there from 14 to 21 June 2017. This was one of the hottest periods on record not only for Lake Garda (mid 30s and even higher) but for the whole of Europe, including the UK.

For example, one evening we were back at the hotel early (approx 5.45 pm) and the a/c was on so I started a shower. When I finished I found the a/c had been turned off at 6. I tried to get dry in the heat and humidity, failed and went out to eat in basically wet clothes.

The a/c seemed to be on during the night but was switched off at 7am. The heat and humidity were already terrific at that time and every day it was the same story.

It's such a shame that this problem overshadowed all the good things I could say: the hotel had character and charm; the the staff were absolutely delightful; the breakfasts were really good, including home-made cakes; the room was pleasantly presented; the bed-linen and towels were always clean and changed regularly; the hotel location was very useful with a bus stop outside or a lovely lakeside walk to Bardolino and the ferry; the bus to Verona railway station (the number 185 was the quickest) linked with excellent trains to (for example) Vicenza and Padua (for amazing Palladian architecture) and beautiful Venice.

But the one question I'm left with is, "What on earth was going on with the a/c?" It really spoiled what would otherwise have been a great experience.

In fairness, I should add that my wife found it less of a problem. But it has always been a bit of a battle between us with me switching the a/c on and her switching it off. It would have been nice, though,if the hotel had given us the choice at these most- needed times.

Room Tip: We had a room at the rear and suffered no road noise
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple